Gizmo?

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My apologies if this has been discussed.

Video's of ppl heading out ice fishing on a northern mn lake,leader of the pack pulling 5 portable shacks with what appears to be a track lawn mower contraption,no name on the thing,electric, max speed 20mph,operator stands on a platform/deck as he motors about. Pretty slick deal early a n d late ice.

Light weight, one person can lift it to place in a smaller suv, compact storage,

Cant copy and paste a pic using my phone,slick machine when sleds,wheelers are not a option because of ice condition,sure beats walking out a few miles on big water lakes.
So,if anyone has a clue
what this gizmo is,let's here it.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup,yahtzee....thanx,its not electric, 10 or 15hp briggs straton engine,pulls up to 650 lbs.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My apologies if this has been discussed.

slick machine when sleds,wheelers are not a option because of ice condition,sure beats walking out a few miles on big water lakes.
Not sure why a snowdog would work when a lightweight air cooled snowmobile wouldn’t

a snowmobile has skis to distribute weight of the engine and rider

would be interesting to see a weight distribution analysis - I’m sure snowdog and the operator riding in a sled is lighter - but enough to be a significant factor?

Average_NDA_Member

Not sure why a snowdog would work when a lightweight air cooled snowmobile wouldn’t

would be interesting to see a weight distribution analysis - I’m sure snowdog and the operator riding in a sled is lighter - but enough to be a significant factor?
Weight distribution analysis factor yadda blah blah sounds like we got a liberal scientist lookin to do some sorta tax payer wastin study tell ya what a real man drives his 3500 deleted Cummins on the ice when the lake is froze don’t need no safe ice science talk from anyone I been around long enough to know good ice

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Yuppis in the video said,no trailer no truck to haul sled or wheeler.

Not to mention a sled would chew bookoo belts up going that slow,the clutch on said sled doesn't engage until 6k rpm's plus this little gizmo is lite weight,easily handled and loaded into a small suv by one person,takes up little storage area. Not my deal but i can see the benefit for certain ppl

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yuppis in the video said,no trailer no truck to haul sled or wheeler.

Not to mention a sled would chew bookoo belts up going that slow,the clutch on said sled doesn't engage until 6k rpm's plus this little gizmo is lite weight,easily handled and loaded into a small suv by one person,takes up little storage area. Not my deal but i can see the benefit for certain ppl
Oh I certainly get their benefits. I dreamed about building something similar 20-30 years ago when all I had was my legs.

I was just wondering if they are really that much better than a sled for "when sleds,wheelers are not a option because of ice condition" as you stated earlier.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It didn’t work real well for this guy it seems.

Wow! I was once (maybe?) that brave and adventurous (stupid).

Not anymore.

What that guy makes lacks in smarts (using a Snow Dog to try that in the first place) he more than makes up for in positive attitude and adventurous spirit.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88