Gold rush

campcook

Founding Member
Founding Member
The "Beets" kids appear to be turning out well in spite of the fact they have controlling morons for parents. I have to fast forward through the "Todd" episodes apparently "you really can't fix stupid" Moving that wash plant to Oregon had to have been the epitome of stupidity, not only for Todd but the crew who followed him.
I'd love to have a grandkid like Parker. He needs to develop some better managerial skills but sticking it to Tony Beets when Tony stole Cheeseman was a classic "gotcha'

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cant believe no one mentioned Freddy Dodge. The episode when Freddy and his brother were mining for big nugget gold was really interesting. When the Hoffmans left Alaska you knew that if they didn't get it done in Oregon; they'd never recover to mine again. The Beets crew is always good for a few laughs and, Cheeseman would be fun to work for awhile. I'm sure a guy could learn some things from him. Parker is a go getter for sure, but can be an extreme a**hole at the same time. Ya wonder how Rick puts up with it. So yeah the wife and I like watching the show always cant wait till next year. I will say also for me Deadliest Catch never gets old. I hope it comes back one more season.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to always watch that show but getting to the point that it turns my stomach. I strongly support private property rights and could never be called a greenie but the way they leave the land so it looks like it could never have use for any other human after they are done just seems wrong to me. Raping the land is an over used term but I think it aptly applies to what those guys are doing to try to make a buck.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They reclaim it that doesn't make for good TV though so they don't show that

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep all of what is mined is reclaimed and all work near the creeks has to be permitted by the state. Some news papper had a good write up about all that is not seen on the show.

As for deadliest catch it will be back this spring but sig is sidelined the Cornelia Marie is flat no longer on the show and it sounds like the Time Bandit may have been out as well but haven't checked to see how that played out. Sounded like due to all of what was missing this year that the show was trying to set up a few special appearances on the show for Sig just to boost interest.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't know it was still on.
All the constant failure made me quite watching several years ago.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get a kick out of Tony Beets. Don't know if i could work for the guy but at least he says what is on his mind. Tony's kids seem like good people and also good workers. Parker we like but his management skills need quite a bit of tweeking.
I too can't figure out why Freddy Dodge came back to work for the Hoffman's. Something about Todd that i just can't stand and wouldn't work on that crew for anything.

Anthony A Bobo

Does anyone else watch this show? I must admit I get way to much joy out of watching the Hoffman crew go down in flames so this year has been awsome. Biggest bunch of dipshits I've seen on there....well I guess second after Alaska bush people! I normally fast forward past the Hoffman crew but this year they are my favorite.

Me and my son do sit and watch this show. We really like it. Its an interesting show.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's one of my favs to watch with Deadliest catch and who can't help but wonder how Todd will screw up next!? If Dave had taken the crew to himself and stayed in Alaska they'd succeed, but you're all right. Why stick with Todd and his dad for their "adventures". Getting a little sick of the dramatic music keyed right before commercials to hype whats next when nothing bad usually ever happens, but its' the entertainment industry I guess. I'll keep watching even if that dickhead Dakota Fred comes back with his big boot to bust in someone's "a$$"

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well the answer to your question as to what todd will screw up next just came out when they got fined $35,000 a couple days ago for knocking down a couple acres of trees they were not supposed to touch in CO.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i havent missed an episode of the show yet! we get a kick outta watching Todd and his bonehead dad come up with the dumbest ideas i've ever heard i cant believe they are still running ground...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get a kick out of Tony Beets. Don't know if i could work for the guy but at least he says what is on his mind. Tony's kids seem like good people and also good workers. Parker we like but his management skills need quite a bit of tweeking.
I too can't figure out why Freddy Dodge came back to work for the Hoffman's. Something about Todd that i just can't stand and wouldn't work on that crew for anything.

Being a real life idiot topped off with crappy facial hair comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

It is proof of the age old equation, though:

effort>tallent

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's all about the views guys. No such thing as bad publicity. Tune in next week, for the next calamity. It's the same reason nobody could ever take their eyes off of Don Knotts. People who bumble, and barely make it out alive, are fun to watch. So we watch and watch and watch.

Honestly, I cut the cord to cable about 18 months ago, and didn't even know this show was still on. I figured I'd get Netflix, and when I was sick of that, I'd subscribe to something else, like Sling or whatever. I've yet to run out of things to watch. Sons of Anarchy is my current favorite.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have cable either - it's been awesome _ I have only watched maybe six of these back when I had it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got fed up with the garbage shows - don't watch for two weeks and come back and YUCK - you won't believe how dumb 99% of the shows are

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got fed up with the garbage shows - don't watch for two weeks and come back and YUCK - you won't believe how dumb 99% of the shows are

My wife watches the Bachelor/Bachelorette. They are having a 3 hour Bachelor next week. That show is pure suck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88