Golfers

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
p.s. I hope everyone (e.g. wildeyes) recognized that I siezed Johnr's snobbery remark and ran with it for comic effect. Get it? The snobby fisherman?

Anyway I like golf, played a ton of it in grad school. It's a hoot.

but it's gay now so I had to quit. Too many all orange outfits, yadda.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol. great topic. i do both. but, neither one very good. and neither one often enough. that's nearly impossible unless you have a bass pond on the course like hate2bogey. and here is how i work it. i golf league on tuesdays. and i golf thursday afternoons about every other week or so and the occasional "work" scramble. i don't tell my wife about those golf outings. that way, she can't hold them against me when i whine and cry and ask to go fishing cause "i haven't got to do anything fun... like fish... in the last few weeks."

and for what its worth, i look down my nose on both groups.

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
I golf once a week most of the time. I'm decent at that game atleast. Finished under par once this year. I live 30mi from the golf course and 1/4mi from sak and I've fished once since spring. Fish almost everyday in the spring for pike. Can drink beer or whiskey doing both so I do both. If I had a boat I'd prolly fish more

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My hometown had some really snobby golfers in the 70's and 80's growing up. My dad fished and played a lot of softball (fast-pitch). To golf, you HAD to be a member of the Country Club, it is the only course in town.

Until the mid 80's, fishing wasn't much of a "in thing". Once MN fishermen started flocking to town and filling up the motels, and then tournaments followed. Since fishing now was starting to be cool, more of the Country Club crowd started trading in their ski-boats for fishing boats. But there were still the ones who wouldn't get their hands dirty. Overheard some snobs at a baseball game saying they put rubber gloves on to handle smelt. LOL

Its kind of funny now, some of the best golfers in town aren't your typical County Club types.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I golf once a week most of the time. I'm decent at that game atleast. Finished under par once this year. I live 30mi from the golf course and 1/4mi from sak and I've fished once since spring. Fish almost everyday in the spring for pike. Can drink beer or whiskey doing both so I do both. If I had a boat I'd prolly fish more

image.jpg

dusty golfing

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I play a lot of golf mid June till the end of August. I typically play a couple scrambles a month and every Thursday. I still get out fishing during those months, but not as much as I do in April and May. I enjoy fishing more early in the year than I do in July and August so it works out pretty well.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have many fond memories of the many fun things I did on golf courses, none of which include golfing.

fishing, hunting, machete fish hunting, drinking, streaking, fireworks, you name it! But golfing on a golf course? ;:;barf

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does drunk mini golf count? If so I was a pro in HS, and all the other golfers were pricks seemed like.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
clubs.jpg I do both, a lot. Always seem to find time. I have quite the solution for those golf course geese!

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love all U Golfer's....:) Every time I drive by a course I think, more room at the Ramp parking lot!! As a kid did hit Grand Forks Lincoln park course weekly but always at midnight with a flashlight... tub of Nightcrawlers off the greens in 20 min...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love all U Golfer's....:) Every time I drive by a course I think, more room at the Ramp parking lot!! As a kid did hit Grand Forks Lincoln park course weekly but always at midnight with a flashlight... tub of Nightcrawlers off the greens in 20 min...
Bucket of leopard frogs and hefty steel leaders, big hooks and 15-20lb braided line. Made for big cats and snappers.

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess that I do both, and both quite well. Even find some time for softball. It seems that the older I get, I golf when I don't have enough time to go fishing or when the weather for fishing is pretty miserable. I can usually fit in 9 holes in an hour or so at the local muni. At one time in my life, I used to be able to shoot a limit of roosters, catch a limit of eyes and squeeze in 9 holes in the same day. But I always was an over-achiever.

eyecatcher

Founding Member
Founding Member
11e.jpg I do both, a lot. Always seem to find time. I have quite the solution for those golf course geese!

Last night I witnessed a dog chasing around the ducks in the pond on the golf course. Thought it was funny. Don't think he ever caught one.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This summer has been a golfing summer due to me not getting my new rig. Have been fishing a few times, not enough. Everytime I go golfing I'm reminded that I should be fishing instead. Was only planning on golfing this summer. Hoping to get a rig in the spring, but life just keep shittin all over me day in and day out. May be golfing next year aswell.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its all good guywhonamespeople. I was on FB web site for a lot of years, seen some posts. Golf and Fishing helps me build up my tolerance
for a**holes;:;boozer

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats a good golfing website for finding out about golf stuff?
#golfingbuddy.com

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 14
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5