Greedy Thursday/ Thanksging

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not much for shopping. If I need something I go buy it and leave. We went out for supper one night last week and the wife needed some stuff at Walmart, so we went, boy what a shit show that place was. I think every dumbass, hick, dipshit that lives in Minot was there. Went Black Friday shopping once in my life with the wife, told her if I ever decided to go shopping on another one, she should shoot me first. ;:;banghead

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kentucky Windage, been there done that did not want the Tee shirt. While in school had to work retail. Business was only closed one day a year. Even though the economy has the lowest unemployment in decades there is also lot of underemployment. Having to work two jobs just to make ends meet means you sacrifice a lot of family time. I am fortunate now to have a job with paid holidays. Funny thing I learned over the years, the night before Thanksgiving is the busiest day of the year at the bars. There must be a good reason for that. On a different note everyone be safe hunting and good luck.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not into the shopping thing myself but for some people that has become their thing to do together so to each their own. For those that want to talk about it's not right for anyone to have to work a holiday consider yourselves lucky. I consider myself pretty lucky for what I have and don't have to worry about being forced to work a holiday anymore, my mother did it for years having to work every other holiday. Guess what we still had holiday family times even if it wasn't on an exact date. Not everyone works 365 in a year and are just thankful to pick up another day to provide an income as they are not as fortunate as others. Its pretty easy to look down on retail stores but what about restaurants, gas station/convenience stores, processing plants of various types, sports stars that play that day, etc. One thing that everyone in this country should be Thankful for is free choice, which I think many are not realizing here. If you work for a company that is forcing you to work a holiday like Thanksgiving Day you have the choice to find another job and if you want to work to collect a little extra pay on a holiday because it will help your situation you have that choice too.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes it's just a way of life, Working in the oilfield will callus a guy in . Worked many a Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years and 4th of July . It was different back then , worked 7 days a week with 3 weeks off during spring thaw. Don't miss it one bit and make up for lost time. I enjoy Holidays and Family more now just because of it.
I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving festivities. Watching grandkids skate and play hockey, catch up on all the neat stuff they have been learning in school. It's always a fun adventure , live lobster instead of the traditional turkey this year so Grandpa is trying to figure out how to have a real live lobster fishing contest for the grandkids. Get a bigger bang for our buck out of those overpriced crustaceans.

Last edited:

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did the Black Friday thing one time. Never again. If you want to see the most disappointing display of humanity; that is it.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been guilty of, and the happy recipient of, big deals when I needed a big purchase. I've never gone Thursday night though, too much family to just leave behind in the sake of a deal. Thanksgiving night is worth every bit of the same price I'd pay for a good sports ticket (Vikings, didn't want to say it).

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s incredible that you know all those people. You should write a novel about these relationships. No one will think you’re crazy, I promise.

The only one I really KNOW is mrs. clause she is one hot piece if you know why I mean. We got it on

- - - Updated - - -

I only like camping in October and at least a thousand miles from home

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shop online and save the anxiety. I will only go to Scheels Friday if my daughter drags me out. Go to Scheels and then go get a once a year Starbucks. That's it. Cell phone get it Black Friday you will see no better deal but order it at 1201am and enjoy the day. We have fished and rooty hunted that day too. Deer will still be on probably fish vs having the gsp do some work for some roady needing his last minute wtail

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.Santa Clause
Capture.PNG
2.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was talking about the movie. He is a high power ceo who always works. Haha jokes on you

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your looking to support a business that does the opposite of others, REI is closed on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88