Gulp minnows

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never had a leak/spill in that jar and I opened it when I first got it years ago. I cut a hole in the middle of the white tamper proof seal thingy and left it intact around the rim to function as a gasket.

use of pliers to extract stinky devils?

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leak proof.

bait.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never had a leak/spill in that jar and I opened it when I first got it years ago. I cut a hole in the middle of the white tamper proof seal thingy and left it intact around the rim to function as a gasket.

use of pliers to extract stinky devils?

nope - it's a shallow jar so I use the old finger scissors - like fishing for baby dills in gramma's pickle jar.

then an immediate hand washing over the side - if things are really hopping I'll pull out one or two spares and lay them out ahead of time

I SHOULD use one of the 4 or 5 hemostats in the boat though - good call!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the reviews on Cabela's are not so favorable

- - - Updated - - -

I have and they work well. They even are meant to stack together. Should be available at Scheel's.

ooh... I bet I could rig up a small diameter bungee cord system to hold the jars in place using those grooves.

new bungee application - Sooo excited.

Jim Carroll

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use Lock & Lock food containers for all my Gulp! I start with a bucket of Gulp Alive! and add various packaged Gulp!, PowerBait, etc. as needed. I soak pretty much everything in juice. There are a few colors that will bleed though over time and some Gulp! tends to harden as it sits in the juice for a few years. Any food container with a silicone seal system will work well in my experience. Gulp! and PowerBait is good stuff...

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Attachments

Lock & Lock for GULP.jpg

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im the exact opposite of guy. its funny we're friends. I suffer through life with mediocre storage and strapping methods, while he breezes through outdoor activities. I often fish directly from a scheels bag of newly purchased items because my tackle box is in such disarray. I asked him to help me fix my broken tailgate handle, my plan was to jimmy rig something - well wise ol' guy forced me to buy the correct parts ($4) and do it right, thanks guy!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im the exact opposite of guy. its funny we're friends. I suffer through life with mediocre storage and strapping methods, while he breezes through outdoor activities. I often fish directly from a scheels bag of newly purchased items because my tackle box is in such disarray. I asked him to help me fix my broken tailgate handle, my plan was to jimmy rig something - well wise ol' guy forced me to buy the correct parts ($4) and do it right, thanks guy!

ba ha - I was just like you at your age - you will tire of it eventually

when your memory starts to fade the searching around for stuff you need will become relentless - adopting systems becoimes crucial just to function - you won't have a choice!

I think I found a good container to try!

BEHOLD!

51Lor%2BVHjrL.jpg

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great thread, I like the containers, not sure how I could fasten them to the kayak.I had a regular "jar" of gulp bungee tied to the access oanel, worked well. The GPS now sits in that spot so back to bags. I just picked up a couple of bags of the split tails when they were on sale, with a rebate!! Tried them last weekend, the Gulp leeches worked much better at Antelope. I can see these working real well in the tail race.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could eat a can of golden niblets with a spoon no problem. Cold Corn is Kick A$$

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do it too: Have eaten much trout/carp bait out of the can when I wanted a meatball submarine sandwich. I think my "secret" carp bait was the inspiration for the PowerBar. Corn is good for trout/carp/bluegill: Exposed hook point PowerBar rigs would likely do the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55