Guns that are never used

Tinesdown

Wondering about all the guns people have in the safe or gun locker that are never shot or used to possibly kill an animal because thats what a firearm is ultimately for to harvest animals. Me personally i use my rifle an shotgun every year to hunt with. People like to admire them in a collection? Its each there own i know people with hundreds of guns in a closet an they are probably to old to hunt but why are these people like they are. Collectors?????

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering about all the guns people have in the safe or gun locker that are never shot or used to possibly kill an animal because thats what a firearm is ultimately for to harvest animals. Me personally i use my rifle an shotgun every year to hunt with. People like to admire them in a collection? Its each there own i know people with hundreds of guns in a closet an they are probably to old to hunt but why are these people like they are. Collectors?????
Protectors not collectors. When the dollar goes to hell and anarchy takes hold those "hundreds of guns in a closet" become invaluable to you and yours. I, for one, don't have hundreds but I've got a few....I'd like to think we could hold down the fort for at least awhile.

Tinesdown

Oh yeah its hard to get guns off this guy. but yeah he doesn't want to sell any man i offered him double what the cash value is an he declined. Alot dont even have scopes. U know they have not been shot much. Most are old stock 1980s models

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've got a few shitters in the safe...figure if shit goes down, I'll give neighbor a shotgun I don't care about and a box of birdshot/trap load, or a .22 and 50 rounds - both paired with a "piss off."

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
At least I know for sure that the unused firearms in my safe aren't being used for illegal and/or dangerous activities. They aren't worth much cash-wise and don't cost me anything to store.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just checked my safe! All of the guns are gone. Must have gotten robbed last night as I slept. :poop:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a fella I know with probably $500,000 worth of guns in a huge concrete safe. He still buys a few here and there

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder about lots of stuff people collect. A gun kept in working order with a bit of ammo can serve a purpose.

What the heck does a person "do" with Beanie-Babies, sports memorabilia, Watts Pottery, etc, etc, etc??

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder about lots of stuff people collect. A gun kept in working order with a bit of ammo can serve a purpose.

What the heck does a person "do" with Beanie-Babies, sports memorabilia, Watts Pottery, etc, etc, etc??
Had a customer years back collect crocks, like those big red wing ceramic style pots, was weird

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think a lot of people like me have them as an heirloom to hand down to Sons and Grandsons. That is my intent.
This! Everytime one of my boys shows up, I send a gun home with them. Another incentive to visit the old man. If I do this right, should run out about the time I croak.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This! Everytime one of my boys shows up, I send a gun home with them. Another incentive to visit the old man. If I do this right, should run out about the time I croak.
My father sold most of his guns, was not anything high end, but still heartbreaking. He did give me his .22 he got from his brother, so there is one I can be proud of..

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad got me started and I have two safes full. No government to tax me tell me this and that all paid for and making damn good money better than stock market. Bought many for 100 to 300 moons ago now worth 5 to 10 times that depends on what you got. I got good shit and even better shit if need. Still harvest with many when I can. Just got on an auction yesterday, bought an old Colt ar-15 match target competition hbar for .30 cents on dollar. Deals can be found shoot straight shoot often.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I bought a bunch of old 22's on gunbroker etc. I was funny going to pick them up locally and they would be looking for the serial #,s most of the ones I bought were letters that told you the year and month of manufacture that was it .

NodakBob

Honored Member
With some collectibles you can feel the stories of old when you just hold them…others more so when you use them…your own history or others’…that is the allure of some collectibles like guns, bows and guitars.

Tinesdown

All kinds of people have em and some hoard them like they think the gov at some time will ban legal sales to citizens im not sure what to think of the old timers that have the ones everone wants to use for hunting or pack rat in their own collection. Others want to keep them as a retirement fund type of deal. I personally like to put them to use whats better than a gun with alot history with someone. Filling deer tags and bird hunting.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 64