Handloading 6.5 creedmoor

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It must be the shooter then because they perform good for some folks and are crap for me. Back when we could shoot multiple does I shot a few with the Scenar. At 100 yards the hole going out was like a nickel. At 500 yards the doe went down in her tracks (down, but not dead). I don't know what I hit, but it put her down. When we recovered her my son found the bullet laying on the ground behind her. She was looking at me and I run it through her lengthwise. Every one I shot acted like full metal. I think we owe it to the things we hunt to use bullets that kill faster. This is my only recovered bullet: hmmmm found the pic, but the site will not let me add a pic. I'll try later. virginia creeper or wood vine 003.jpg

Honestly, it was a lucky shot. He was hot on a doe and zigzagging all over. As soon as I saw an opening I fired fast and hit him high (jerked the trigger). Bullet caught bone somewhere (probably the underside of a vertebrae) and exploded. No exit, just found shards of bone and bullet. Hit near enough to his spinal chord that the hydrostatic shock knocked his lights out on impact. Here a pic of the entrance:
2D8C3F97-E475-414A-84A7-6715A158BF47.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79