Happy 242nd BIRTHDAY to the United States Navy!!!!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would like to wish a belated Happy 242nd Birthday to my Navy brothers and sisters.

October 13 marked the birthday of the U.S. Navy, which traces its roots back to the early days of the American Revolution. On October 13, 1775, the Continental Congress established a naval force, hoping that a small fleet of privateers could attack British commerce and offset British sea power.

Also in 1775 we and our little USMC brothers got our own colors The First Navy Jack to fly both in and out of harms way. It wasn't until 1776 we got a National Ensign or the Stars and Strips as most know them, to fly above the First Navy Jack.

18_in.First-Navy-Jack-Flag.jpg

th-1.jpeg

uss-constitution-old-ironsides.jpg

26AF5A8300000578-0-image-a-100_1426479386490.jpg

21514.jpg

battleship-firing_00387717.jpg

th-4.jpeg

flight.jpeg

Frogmen_21-udt-sofrep-630x472.jpg

Underwater_Demolition_Teams_shoulder_sleeve_patch.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJFIE+G,r)(!IBP-yQd6Q-g~~60_3.JPG

swcc.jpg

hsgs9934as01m-lg copy(1).jpg

US-Navy-Submarine.jpg

the-nimitz-class-aircraft-carrier-uss-carl-vinson-cvn-70-transits-the-strait-of-hormuz.jpg

Abraham-Lincoln-battlegroup.jpg

us-navy.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finest floating taxi service your tax dollars can buy! ;)

Don't forget the finest flying taxi service = Air Force
Don't forget the finest rolling taxi service = Army
The Marines don't run a taxi service. They just hurt people and break things. So they are caged during transport and only let loose once they are given their objectives. JK!! I wish I could have been a Marine, but I wasn't cut from the required type of cloth so to speak.

Being retired now, I cherish those still serving even more!!! I guess you can take the man out of the service, but taking the service out of the man is a bit more troublesome.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! The stale body odor from the 23 other men in the tent, boiled steak, bland vegetables, mortar fire, the prevalent all encompassing smell of portajohns everywhere, rocket fire at 2am, the almost total lack of anything comfortable, dust storms, MRE's, no hunting or fishing (other than hunting taliban), Gallon jugs full of rotting flies outside the dining facility, being away from home, machine gun fire, guys stealing your linen, GENERAL ORDER #1, The constant changes to the rules of engagement, etc. etc. etc. Yep, those were the good ole days!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember it well. People unfortunately seem to forget so easily that it's still a shootin' war over there. Be a HARD TARGET, Stay Vigilant, and NEVER give the booger eaters a chance!!! Be Safe!!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you all for those "serving" and that "have served".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88