hd tv antennas for a fish house

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I used to use a big ole whip of an antenna. Must have had 20 poles sticking out of it. I remember using it one time on Super Bowl weekend. We seen the game, so CHECK!

I have heard the newer powered ones work really well, but can't say 1st hand.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pulled the cord at home and have tried a few different antennae. I've had best luck with an RCA. It's about the size of a sheet of paper and plugs in with a coax cable. It does require power to give it a boost. It came with hardware for mounting outside, but I just have it laying against a window and it works well.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one on my 5th wheel, it is very temperamental. The first season at McKenzie bay I was able to pull in 8 channels, all out of Minot. The second season I was in a different spot and was able to get 4 channels. Last year I was close to a tree between me and the signal apparently as I receive zero channels.

This is in western ND 100 miles from anywhere, so it might be better elsewhere.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the info. looking to pull the trigger on a new fish house.. some have the antenna, some don't. wondering if id just be paying 400$? for something that doesn't work anyway. I gotta imagine itd be like a cell phone. sometimes they work good sometimes they don't. I was concerned it would only work 20 miles outside of fargo or Bismarck etc .

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My antennae cost about $30 each. The other ones I tried were similar in design, but cost $100. I went out and bought 1/2 doz of them, tried each one and settled on the RCA. I'm in Minot. There's a FCC website that tells you where the towers are. Our towers are about 20 miles south of here.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check a site that I think is called antenna. Org. If it says you don't have signal then don't fucking bother. It's bullshit really. I can't get signal for anything other than pbs unless I go rooftop. Even then it's questionable

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know the tailgater sounds awesome. from the website auggie and espringers mention I would get fox and maybe pbs in this area.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or since the permanent house season is only 2 months, up you data plan and screen mirror from you phone. That's the route I took this year.

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the powered antennae on my new castle....works great......but barely use it. Usually always have the tailgater hooked up. In surrey, I get quite a few channels with it. 4 PBS, locals etc. I think there is 8 channels I get. IF your around and want to check it out installed in my house working, feel free to send a message. I had my triple axle custom built from the ground up.....if your buying, i suggest doing the same. Dont cost extra, and you only get what you ask for, that way you are not settling. I live in surrey, and ordered from Milaca Unclaimed Freight! Don't be scared to check out the dealers in MN.....I saved quite a bit on my truck, my boat, and my ice castle by purchasing outside of ND.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31