Hoffman Pac Boots

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any one in NDA land own a set of Hoffman Pac Boots?

I'm in the market for a "lighter" pair of pac boots for semi active late season hunting and chores. I've already got a set of heavy boots for prolonged idle periods outside in the cold- these would be more for a lighter run around boot that you can actually walk comfortably in.

I've looked at Schnees and Kenetreks...$300 ballpark for a set. Hoffmans appear to be of similar style/ quality/ and are built to order in Idaho. They're running about $100 cheaper than the others.

Any info is appreciated.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have kenetreks but looking at the hoffman i would not hesitate to get them. i need to send mine in to get rebuilt but love them for late season and coyote hunting even ice fishing.

NDsniper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know if Whites has a style you interested in, but worth a look. Have had both Whites and Hoffman pacs and my nod is for the Whites by far. More comfortable and seem warmer

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have kenetreks but looking at the hoffman i would not hesitate to get them. i need to send mine in to get rebuilt but love them for late season and coyote hunting even ice fishing.

Rubber on toes coming off your kenetreks?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
cracking where my feet bend i got these in 2006 or 2007 so they have seen lots of use. i probably should of used some of the rubber conditioner to keep it from getting brittle

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here. One thing I found out from my bother in law was to not put them in a scent crusher closet. The ozone really f's the rubber up.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of Hoffman pacs for work. I really like them.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the schnees pac boot and the rubber cracked in the first year, sent them back and they put rebuilt them but they didn't last the rubber just cracked at the flex points.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the schnees pac boot and the rubber cracked in the first year, sent them back and they put rebuilt them but they didn't last the rubber just cracked at the flex points.

Was the sole the "Tractor Tire" style or the more aggressive style?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
they were shnees hunter 2 i would call there aggressive style. but both pair cracked at the flex points from cheap rubber , just like most tarp straps now days.

Smuscha

I’ve had a pair of Hoffman’s for close to 10 years now. Got them in while going to line school. Used to wear them quite a bit and are a good boot. Only thing I noticed was felt liners had to come out at night or they wouldn’t be dry in the morning even on the boot dryer. Still wear them if it’s super cold or long days on the ice. Have had quite a few pairs of Hoffman’s lineman boots and all except 1 pair have been super

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
they were shnees hunter 2 i would call there aggressive style. but both pair cracked at the flex points from cheap rubber , just like most tarp straps now days.

That sucks. My Hunter II's are from 2001 and are still in great shape.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sucks. My Hunter II's are from 2001 and are still in great shape.

yes I thought spending 300 plus on a set of pacs they should last longer than one winter. back to wearing lacrosse pacs now/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88