House passed the cc

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't this new law render the Class 2 permit worthless? A Class 1 might be beneficial for carrying in other states that recognize it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems even some of my conservative buddies are having issue with this.

WTF has happened that our society is so brain washed into such extreme fear of guns, and the people that carry them.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really don't see this changing much of anything. Most people that I have talked to about this that want to carry have taken the steps to carry. I do see more people carrying in vehicles than before, but they may already do. I have no way of knowing. I will still renew my class 2 for reciprocity in other states. I also feel like if you want to own a firearm and feel the need to carry, there needs to be more education on safe practices and laws.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a class 2, and will continue to do so. I guess for me, in ND, the point is moot, except I don't have to worry about forgetting my actual license card at home.

One thing that I hear around town is people saying "now anybody can carry concealed". That's simply not true. You have to be legally able to do so. Just like before, in order to get a permit, you had to be deemed "not legally prevented from doing so". It seems like an obvious point, but when some people are freaking out about this, it's worth bringing up.

A felon, or a person with certain items on their record is not legally allowed to carry. Just like they would not have been allowed to receive a CCW.

Now, that's not to say that felons don't get or carry or own guns illegally. I guess the old argument remains. How is something more illegal now than it was then?

I guess it's all about the repercussions if you get caught.

Some say that the fines need to be higher. I don't necessarily agree. If the fine is $5000, and someone can't or won't pay it, then making it $50,000 makes no difference. And before someone says "well, they just need to enforce the laws we have" I'd say, "just look at how the trespassers at NODAPL were allowed to ignore the law.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
I also have a ccw, my main concern of this bill is the age the bill states. with the testing for a class 2 license the age is 18. question is, how many 18 year olds in the state are going to comply with the current rules and regulations of concealed carry? we are talking about high schoolers and other young adults. slightly frightens me, but what will happen will happen

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11