Hunting Season and All's Well!!!!!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Greetings fellow NDA'ers!!! I LOVE FALL!!!! I haven't been posting much lately and some have expressed concern for my well being and I Thank You for noticing and taking the time to drop me a line to check up on me. FEAR NOT my friends, for I am just partaking of the GREATNESS known as fall and will try to do a better job of posting up my exploits. Since Aug 31st, I've been going NON STOP with either hunting or fishing and haven't had much time to post. August 31st found a buddy of mine from Pennsylvania here in ND after a 19 hour drive in an effort to take a velvet buck. However, there were other things to do so both of us went without sleep that night to hunt a field of about 300 honkers. We shot 24 honkers that morning with kickemup and a few buddies. (Will post pic when I get it) He said he hadn't shot that many geese in 10 years. Sept 2nd was a terrible wind for bow hunting so we scouted geese, ate elk burgers, and watched some deer. Sept 3rd found us in our blinds where we shot 23 honkers between the two of us followed by two hours of cleaning birds. (Will post pic later) The wind was good that evening so he and I both went bow hunting. Saw lots, but nothing to shoot. Same story for the 4th. On the 5th he was fortunate enough to have a respectable velvet buck come in and he capitalized. His first velvet buck, which he was extremely excited about and will be putting on his wall. He made a great 22 yard shot and the deer went a measly 35 yards before piling up under a pine tree. I was extremely happy for him. Hope the pic turns out.

KIMG0466.jpg

The 6th was spent capping and butchering the deer, drinking beers, and sitting around the bon fire with friends enjoying life and talking hunting and fishing. He packed up and headed back to PA on the 7th and I promptly got the boat ready on the 8th and went to Devils Lake with a buddy to fish on the 9th and 10th. Caught more fish than I can talk about and had a BLAST!!! The 11th was spent reconstituting the boat, yard work, and shortening the "honey do" list and bow hunting. The 12th I was bow hunting again and then Dad and I hit Devils on the 13th. We caught plenty of fish and enjoyed a great day on the water. We could have done without the smoke though. What a haze. Today I'm getting the boat ready to go again and preparing to take my daughter out this weekend for her youth deer and youth duck hunts. Of course I will be in the bow stand this evening as the winds will be favorable. The rest of the month will go pretty much the same way with another trip to Devils planned for this month, going to get Herc out to chase some grouse, blast a few ducks along with the geese when that comes around, and of course more bow hunting. Oct is when Herc and I hit the pheasant fields, but not before Dad and I hit Devils for a week of fall walleye fishing and all of November will be spent rifle hunting in MN for deer and MT for elk and mule deer. After all that, it's trapping time, ice fishing/spearing, and pheasant hunting. I hope I'm still married when it's all said and done, but I don't have time to worry about that now. Did I mention I LOVE FALL!!!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hell I thought you were in Montana or Idaho elk hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

AWOL? Absent With Out Lying :;:cheers

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
As promised, here are the pics from the goose hunts. Enjoy!!

1st goose pic.jpg

2nd goose pic.jpg

And I forgot to mention that I went goose hunting with kickemup and his son the morning of the 8th as well and we managed 14 on that hunt so it was a very full week to say the least. Stay Safe out there guys!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
From Mrs KDM...... there's a pretty good chance he'll still be married come next spring.... as long as he brings an Elk home from MT :;:thumbsup

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good stuff! Good luck with the youth hunts; my daughter gets her first crack at a deer this year and I am not sure who is more excited.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31