What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
I HATE coyotes!!!!
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="PrairieGhost" data-source="post: 449409" data-attributes="member: 704"><p>If you want Red Rider BB gun quite shoot the 190 gr Hornady Sub-X. Hodgdon Trail Boss powder was developed for cowboy action shoots, but reloader quickly realized it woukd load any rifle subsonic with good accuracy. </p><p>I shoot the 190gr in two of my 308s. The information I read instructed a person to fill the cartridge case to the shoulder then weigh that and multiply the weight by .75 and start from there and go down. Following those directions gave me hmmmm if I remember somewhere around 1500vfps. Since the sound barrier at sea level is 1116 fps I started reducing the load until 10.3 gr gave me 996 to 1005 fps. The powder is bulky so it fills the case well. The Hodgdon one pound canister filled to the very top only holds nine ounces.</p><p></p><p>With a Vortex scope with adjustable turrets you can reach 300 yards, and with surprising accuracy. I know it groups withing a golf ball at 100 yards. If you leave your 308 sighted in for standard loads at 100 yards you will need to click up six inches for 25 yards, ten inches for 100 yards, and 42 inches for 300 yards. You scope hight above bore and velocity will change all those settings. Interestingly when your not pushing air that hard you don't loose velocity as fast. It still smacks a six inch steel plate hard at 300 yards.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="PrairieGhost, post: 449409, member: 704"] If you want Red Rider BB gun quite shoot the 190 gr Hornady Sub-X. Hodgdon Trail Boss powder was developed for cowboy action shoots, but reloader quickly realized it woukd load any rifle subsonic with good accuracy. I shoot the 190gr in two of my 308s. The information I read instructed a person to fill the cartridge case to the shoulder then weigh that and multiply the weight by .75 and start from there and go down. Following those directions gave me hmmmm if I remember somewhere around 1500vfps. Since the sound barrier at sea level is 1116 fps I started reducing the load until 10.3 gr gave me 996 to 1005 fps. The powder is bulky so it fills the case well. The Hodgdon one pound canister filled to the very top only holds nine ounces. With a Vortex scope with adjustable turrets you can reach 300 yards, and with surprising accuracy. I know it groups withing a golf ball at 100 yards. If you leave your 308 sighted in for standard loads at 100 yards you will need to click up six inches for 25 yards, ten inches for 100 yards, and 42 inches for 300 yards. You scope hight above bore and velocity will change all those settings. Interestingly when your not pushing air that hard you don't loose velocity as fast. It still smacks a six inch steel plate hard at 300 yards. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
A
Bear Again
Latest: Auggie
27 minutes ago
P
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
31 minutes ago
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
38 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Kurtr
57 minutes ago
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: bucksnbears
Today at 8:13 PM
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
Today at 7:30 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Today at 4:45 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Top
Bottom