I HATE coyotes!!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to vent here for a bit guys. Had a fawn come through the yard tonight with the ENTIRE back half of the left ham EATEN OFF!!! I could see the bone and the poor thing was still hobbling around trying to eat. The herd didn't like it very much and pushed it out of the yard due to what I assume was the scent of the wound. I'm just really irritated right now. I know that it's just nature and it happens, but this was a bit to much "In your face". Seeing that just stuck in my craw more than I expected and I'm not trying to keep these deer going to provide a moving buffet for a bunch of mangy flea bag butt sniffers. If I see that fawn again I think I might have to step in and end it. This winter CAN'T end fast enough for this guy. Sorry for the rant. Maybe some of you guys can post up some pics of coyotes that no longer process oxegen and make me feel better. Thanks!! Carry On!!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Unreal what a deer can do to try to survive. db

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just did a head count. I have 76 deer in the yard (1.6 acres) right now with more walking in on the trails doing their best to survive this dog shrite winter. The bales are swarmed with deer and the trails of corn I put out are lined with deer. Some of them are in pretty tough shape. Oh well, if old man winter wants to be ornery, I can be old and ornery too. Tomorrow I'll bust out the last bales, pop the hatch on the last barrels of corn, and make some phone calls to see who might have some extras they could part with when the roads open up. It's not over. Not by a long shot.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few deer killers dead.

Attachments

DSCF8276_zps0b041ca6.jpg DSCF1625_zps39d1a3ea.jpg DSCN6228_zpsmsuxcbyj (2).jpg

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't get to snare this year and it really shows around the yard. They've been vocal all winter. About a month ago we had coyote tracks right up to the house. Saw a group of 4 of them running in the field a few days ago, had the wrong ranger, no gun with.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This video has been around awhile but them critters sure are resilient

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two deer in the yard today with chewed up ass ends. Unfortunately I think one was an older buck. I've hated coyotes for a long time.

rapala_09

Honored Member
Coyotes are fascinating to me. There's something about getting in there "house" and tricking them or getting them to step in a trap that's a pretty good thrill. Hearing stories like this makes it easier to stomach the brutality of trapping/snaring. They just simply have to be managed.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's funny how people sympathize with a prey animal and seldom a predator when we ourselves are predators. Maybe it's because we want the prey all to ourselves? I don't know just a thought, I get it. Don't get me wrong I'll kill a coyote every chance I get too. I do have a ton of respect for all wildlife that survives our climate. Natures a bitch at times, sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
No pictures, I leave them lay when bullet hits them. Not going to waste my time to process.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put a price on their heads and let people go after them by whatever means possible. I understand that we do need them around, but I think we could do something to reduce the numbers.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's stupid that we can't run em down with 4 wheelers n snowmobiles. SD allows it.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When i was young there were none. Only fox and a bunch of rabbits. Did not need them then and do not need them now. Started coming in the 70's. Should have been more aggressive back then. db

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When i was young there were none. Only fox and a bunch of rabbits. Did not need them then and do not need them now. Started coming in the 70's. Should have been more aggressive back then. db
Here here same. LB

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's stupid that we can't run em down with 4 wheelers n snowmobiles. SD allows it.
I'm.....not..... so sure about that... Current SD hunting handbook (page 77):

1680812494376.png

So you can use a snowmobile to hunt coyotes, but you can't chase them, and you can only shoot from it if it's stationary. Sounds like lawful scenarios are pretty much just transportation to and from hunting spots.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84