I HATE coyotes!!!!

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
However, SD does have an impressive aerial gunning program, financed by the state. They took out over a hundred just around my uncle-in-laws ranch north of Mobridge this winter.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can do the same in ND.
A-B out in the sticks but need to be stopped to shoot

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Get about 6 sleds together and run them until they cannot run anymore like they do to deer. lb

grantfurness

So I’m fairly new to North Dakota, moved here two years ago. Where I’m from, we’d kill coyotes with anything we had- elk rifle, shotgun, bow, pistol, whatever was around. Hell, even a kid‘s pellet gun if thats what’s available. We’d kill as many as possible & just let them lay where they died. Ate the etiquette - if thats the right word- for killing them here? If I’m bird hunting plots land or a wildlife area, can I leave it lay or is that bad form?

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
However, SD does have an impressive aerial gunning program, financed by the state. They took out over a hundred just around my uncle-in-laws ranch north of Mobridge this winter.
A buddy of mine who lives west of mobridge sent me a video he took flying in a helicopter shooting coyotes. Might have been involved in that coyote shoot. He's gotten to do it a few times in the past. No idea who we knows to get invited on that. I'm sure its a blast.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A friend one time found a coyote out in the open and went after it with a sled. Long, long time ago and sleds at time maybe 25-40 mph. Said as he came up on it would dodge to either side and was concern it would jump on him. About the 4 time he had it between the skis and bumper hitting ass. However, was concern with the run over so back off. Only story i can talk about coyotes and sleds. db

Last edited:

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
$114 dollars worth.

$114 Coyotes.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW I knew fur prices were low but that's ridiculous. Back in the 70s and early 80s you could have almost bought a new pickup with that load.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice pile LH!

Whatart of the state?
They look like nice coyotes.
Western. Mostly around Watford City. They actually gave us $15 for one of them. Very nice coyote. A couple of years ago it would have brought more than that whole pickup load by itself.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s a farm down the road from me. They had to call game and fish to help take care of their coyote problem. G&F cleaned out 37. And the next day some hunters cleared out another 48.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you think of it the ol Coyote is very near the top of the food chain in most of ND. Mange has probably killed more coyotes than anything.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's stupid that we can't run em down with 4 wheelers n snowmobiles. SD allows it.
No SD doesn't allow it. It is quite frowned uponby gfp. I have to admit....I don't really like it. I know yotes are a pain the arse etc but being killed in a suffering manner isn't my cup of tea. I don't rat anyone out who does it cuz they need to be controlled etc. I've listened to the stories of guys running them over an over until dead. Just don't like that. It would great to be able to ride up close to them and shoot them. That would be great but not allowed here either. That's just my opinion.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84