State of NDA

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just a few things.

First, I understand that we are in the dog days of winter, and we are all chomping at the bit for open water. Many of us are getting anxious, frustrated, and flat out cooped up! Due to this, I have been getting quite a few "reports" and "complaints" from multiple members. All I will ask is that we all try extra hard to be somewhat civil through the rest of winter. I know this can be a bit of a good ole boys club, but we don't want to be scaring away new members.

Second, I am seeing far too many posts that are borderline political, but then become full blown political. Please, if your post/thread is intended to be political, put it in the political section. Contrary to some beliefs, the vast majority do not come to an outdoors site for the political fights. Most outdoor sites don't allow it at all, and I would prefer to not have to go that route.

Third, I would like to thank everyone that has made the adjustment to the new site, and stuck around. I know change can suck, so I get it. In the end, I feel like we have a better product for you guys to enjoy.

We still have one of the best collection's of outdoorsmen in the upper midwest. I'm proud to be a small part of that.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Very well put V. I think everyone needs to get out and fish more!
Spot on Cat...I did my part Saturday on the Bon...Walter did not cooperate but man what a nice afternoon! V is right, dog days of winter start to wear on everyone. Plus, don't know about anyone else, but far as I'm concerned, mother nature owes us a damn early nice spring after that shizzle she dumped on us last April...that backed up spring 3 weeks! But I'm not bitter or anything!;)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
When the piggies have to wallow in response to their idiocy they squeal and squeal. One of my fondest Air Farce memories is a delayed flight due to no vegetarian meals in the galley and a squad leader being admonished for not confirming everyone's preferred diet. This was in the late 90's. Can you guess the weight and gender?...Can you imagine what it's like now? That is all.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find when i am force to fish i get bitchy. But i have found other projects i look forward too.

Yes, this winter has been sucking for some time now. db

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep so have I don't want to mistake a non political thread as a political one, best to just delete all those gray ones just to make sure. It's good to have incite and awareness into what is going on in the inner circles of the nda community. I will be more cautious to what a choose to post don't want to upset the delicate balance of eternal harmony in the nda community. Thanks V for the heads up

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, I'm on record bitching about certain threads needing relocated to "Politics". Unfortunately, politics determine our ability to legally have guns and fish/etc. Full discloser (and who the fuck am I): Not real pleased when "Politics" was reduced to three threads to seemingly accommodate more add space.

Once had an "OP's" NCOIC (big fucker) who constantly preached "kicking ass" and "taking charge". One fine day my "kids" necessarily did just that. The big fucker's response was turning pale, pissing his pants and mealy mouthing about "excessive force" and his dialogue in future meetings.

Luckily my commander at the time was not a pussy. I was told to (and didn't again) write myself a medal package. My fuck up and regret is not writing those kids a medal. Another fuck up and MAJOR regret is not writing an MSM for my Desk Sgt and her actions on 9/11 quick enough. The fucks asleep in base housing were awarded unapologetically for every damn thing she and I did.

My God I want to say more.

You're doing a good job V and I truly appreciate your reverence to the 1A. Here's a couple tunes:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67