Used or new UTV

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
my old man bought a Tracker from the place in Fargo. Can't remember size (think 800) but nice machine. Pretty simple, runs great and does its job around the hobby farm. Was less than half the price of a polaris. That was couple years ago, maybe prices have changed. But overall-good machine.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love this thread. I do not have a neat SXS however in 2004 I bought a used EZ Go yard/golf cart. It is a twin cylinder gas. Completely adequate for our purposes. Our cabin to the marina is about a 1/4 mile. Paid $1600. Last year was offered $2500. But we still have it.
I will confess. I have sinned because I still look at and COVET all the new SXS's.

Most of you that have them I am sure have researched them to the n'th degree.

My big question is why are the bigger ones still a single cylinder??? When I was seriously looking early on I decided on a twin. Which lead me to the Yamaha 850. Would a twin run smother and
quieter??? Or am I completely wrong???

Maverick

Ranger Ice Fishing.jpg
Love my 700.... Only had to replace my voltage regulator (recently). I do keep up on maintenance though. I will agree it is a bit loud inside, but I can live with that!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ranger Ice Fishing.jpg
Love my 700.... Only had to replace my voltage regulator (recently). I do keep up on maintenance though. I will agree it is a bit loud inside, but I can live with that!
We have ear muffs that permanently reside in the 700-4 cab.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love this thread. I do not have a neat SXS however in 2004 I bought a used EZ Go yard/golf cart. It is a twin cylinder gas. Completely adequate for our purposes. Our cabin to the marina is about a 1/4 mile. Paid $1600. Last year was offered $2500. But we still have it.
I will confess. I have sinned because I still look at and COVET all the new SXS's.

Most of you that have them I am sure have researched them to the n'th degree.

My big question is why are the bigger ones still a single cylinder??? When I was seriously looking early on I decided on a twin. Which lead me to the Yamaha 850.
Would a twin run smother and
quieter??? Or am I completely wrong???
Run smoother, yes. Quieter, some are some aren't. :unsure:

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can’t elaborate on a golf cart since they are made for golf courses and all, the only one I had extensive knowledge on was a 45 year old battery driven unit. I have had an 800 Ranger and now have a 700 Pioneer. If your about speed the Pioneer isn’t for you. Between the two i’d take the pioneer all day for what I do. There is give and take. Pioneer is the one where the seats pop out of box. I like that option a lot. I hate that it has a roof over the box as you can’t stand in the box at all. Try loading a deer in that it sucks. Pioneer is much much more quiet. Ranger goes faster. Ranger is loud as heck and hot as heck as well in summer. Pioneer is hard to start in the cold though and that’s my biggest complaint.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can’t elaborate on a golf cart since they are made for golf courses and all, the only one I had extensive knowledge on was a 45 year old battery driven unit. I have had an 800 Ranger and now have a 700 Pioneer. If your about speed the Pioneer isn’t for you. Between the two i’d take the pioneer all day for what I do. There is give and take. Pioneer is the one where the seats pop out of box. I like that option a lot. I hate that it has a roof over the box as you can’t stand in the box at all. Try loading a deer in that it sucks. Pioneer is much much more quiet. Ranger goes faster. Ranger is loud as heck and hot as heck as well in summer. Pioneer is hard to start in the cold though and that’s my biggest complaint.
Theres a thin little plastic divider next to the battery - on the passenger door end. If you chisel that divider out of the way you get another inch or so in length, allowing you to fit a 25-30% bigger CCA battery in there.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went with a Kawasaki teryx4, liked the shorter wheel base in a crew cab. Found one with low miles and hours that was used just like I was planning on using it as a campground Queen. Decent enough tow rating to put the little lund in at the cabin for some fall fishing too.
69948122592__22946AE4-4DDC-4D8E-A219-27BDF69DAD6B.jpeg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Ranger. Built by Ford. Can do 120 mph warm in winter cool in summer. Rip the doors off if I want to. Jack it up more and put tracks on it. Cost 1/2 of what a new UTV cost. Just saying. LB

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
UTVs are crazy expensive for what you get... Kinda like electric bikes, you can buy used nice motorcycles cheaper

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62