I know you guys will like this

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the kids jacket. Maybe a liberal cop wouldn't like it.
A few years ago one of my sons and I were driving around in the Badlands. Only five hours before the optometrist had dilated my eyes and light was still bothering so I had my visor down. As we met a vehicle I lowered my head to see under the visor better to make sure I was over far enough. A half hour later a deputy hit the lights and pulled us over. He said he had a report we were ducking down. Ya I know stupid. He took my ID and we waited in the vehicle for half an hour for the Sheriff to show up. The rancher in the pickup we met reported us for "ducking down". The worry was rustling calves. They still had my license so I also gave them my concealed, my law enforcment pic I'd, and my badge. Still they went back and sat in their car for another half hour. I could see they were making phone calls. I guess they had to satisfie the rancher I wasn't stealing his calves. We were on a major road. Be careful out there if you look under your visor it's very suspiciouse.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few years ago one of my sons and I were driving around in the Badlands. Only five hours before the optometrist had dilated my eyes and light was still bothering so I had my visor down. As we met a vehicle I lowered my head to see under the visor better to make sure I was over far enough. A half hour later a deputy hit the lights and pulled us over. He said he had a report we were ducking down. Ya I know stupid. He took my ID and we waited in the vehicle for half an hour for the Sheriff to show up. The rancher in the pickup we met reported us for "ducking down". The worry was rustling calves. They still had my license so I also gave them my concealed, my law enforcment pic I'd, and my badge. Still they went back and sat in their car for another half hour. I could see they were making phone calls. I guess they had to satisfie the rancher I wasn't stealing his calves. We were on a major road. Be careful out there if you look under your visor it's very suspiciouse.
What was the legal justification for the officer pulling you over ?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What was the legal justification for the officer pulling you over ?
Once they "get a call" they think they can violate your rights. Refuse to give them ID unless they have RAS. (Reasonable Articulate Suspicion of a CRIME)

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always comply, and find it a nice easy process. Never had issues in all these years of driving/adulting.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always comply, and find it a nice easy process. Never had issues in all these years of driving/adulting.
This kid complied, how did that work out for him? In the end what was the financial cost this kid had to endure along with the time fighting the bogus charges. Ask any attorney and they will tell you " do not submit to any field sobriety test or aide them in anyway in their investigation " even their " chit chat" is their way of trying to get you to incriminate yourself. I think this is good advise because you never know when you are going to run into a POS like this officer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This kid complied, how did that work out for him? In the end what was the financial cost this kid had to endure along with the time fighting the bogus charges. Ask any attorney and they will tell you " do not submit to any field sobriety test or aide them in anyway in their investigation " even their " chit chat" is their way of trying to get you to incriminate yourself. I think this is good advise because you never know when you are going to run into a POS like this officer.
All true points, however I live in Western ND, and thus far have not seen this type of harassment out of our popo. I have 2 living on my street, and am glad for it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess because I looked under my visor the rancher thought I was "ducking down" and called the Sheriff to report rustlers.
Had a crime been committed? Did the rancher witness you commit a crime ? Did the officer see you commit a crime or traffic infraction? Again I ask what was the LEGAL justification for the stop ?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a crime been committed? Did the rancher witness you commit a crime ? Did the officer see you commit a crime or traffic infraction? Again I ask what was the LEGAL justification for the stop ?
There was none, cops pull people all the time without a justicefiable reason.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
The small town Barney fife and buddy boy style of law enforcement is just as dangerous as liberal law enforcement.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 380
  • This month: 268
  • This month: 209
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 125
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 80