Ice fishing this weekend

Lazerwolf77

Hey guys anyone have a chance to get on any ice yet ? I went out last weekend up to bottineau they had a good 12 inches ! I got into a mess of eyes and some bluegill plan on heading out again tomorrow if anyone in the area wants to join

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey guys anyone have a chance to get on any ice yet ? I went out last weekend up to bottineau they had a good 12 inches ! I got into a mess of eyes and some bluegill plan on heading out again tomorrow if anyone in the area wants to join

I was on Audubon last weekend on 8 inches of ice but there was ALOT of open water. I think I am going to sit this weekend out. Should be much better ice by next weekend. Good luck and be safe.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^Agree completely Sluggo...stopped by Lake Darling this afternoon after work down on the south end by the dam...lot of open water...2 guys out fishing, talked to one of the guys said the ice is 6-7 inches in spots but looked pretty sketchy...I'm gonna wait a week as well...cold temps comin next week!

Lazerwolf77

Yea open water makes me nervous lol the 3 hr drive to bottineau is worth it this will be my last chance to get out before new years ... last weekend there were vehicles and single axil ice castles out on metigoshi

Oley55

Established Member
Gonna give it a shot tomorrow. Darling if it's safe and metigoshi as a backup plan. Good luck!

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gonna give it a shot tomorrow. Darling if it's safe and metigoshi as a backup plan. Good luck!

Oley...I didn't run up to Grano yesterday but if you go north just be careful over the channel and under the bridge.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son drove by Grano Tuesday morning. Open water under the bridge and lots of open spots all over the lake. Got half a haircut Tuesday afternoon and the gal that cuts my hair told me her husband caught 3 northern shore fishing by the bridge on Monday.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Think i'm gonna hold off over the weekend. Warm air and wind just isn't worth it. I can wait til next weekend hopefully get my kids out for the first time!

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_6577.jpg
I got out on devils lake this morn. Good solid ice. Drove 4 wheeler everywhere. I caught 27 walleyes but most were tiny.

Attachments

IMG_6576.jpg

Lazerwolf77

Caught a limit of eyes and some very nice gills on metigoshi....wish I could figure out how to post a pic @!! Hitting it again tomorrow someone should join me I need a fishing buddy lol

Oley55

Established Member
Nice lazorwolf! We didn't have much luck at metigoshi at all. Guess we were doing it wrong haha. Went to nearby by lake and got a bunch of perch and a few pike.

Lazerwolf77

Nice lazorwolf! We didn't have much luck at metigoshi at all. Guess we were doing it wrong haha. Went to nearby by lake and got a bunch of perch and a few pike.

Was it long lake? I hear they have decent perch ...if you are out here tomorrow hmu I'll show you where they are!

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn nice mess of perch!! I'm jealous, hopefully lots of those big hungry bastards are had this winter!!

Cooz'sCatches

moved out here to ND two years ago and havent had so much fun catching some prairie perch!! Looking forward to some ice out west here so we can join in the fun!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35