Indian Hills Resort

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am going to head there this weekend and haven't been there all summer. How's the fishing been?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
caught a few fish on the flats by and just to the east by the island. Bouncer rigs with leeches.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe it will be fun another time.

And pulled cranks but didn't get a bump. Fish were pretty lethargic for two days of prefishing. It was a rod holder hook set kind of day. You eastern boys have brought me over to the casting camp though. I'd much prefer pitching jigs and cranks. I was able to throw a shiver minnow for a while but only was able to net a skip jack.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
DM,

Did you try spinners or slow death?

I'm hoping we can find some fish, but haven't been there all year. I know the sunken island to the west usually produces some numbers for us.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had both on and caught fish on both. smile blades worked well too. Chartreuse seemed to work best but the water was super clear those two days.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing was good in that area yesterday, fish were in 10-20 ft.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be pulling into indian hills around 8pm Friday night for the weekend. I think I am in spot 37

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
why do you hate bottom bouncers and spinners so bad?

Just funning around mostly. :)

The technique doesn't make the "bump of the bite" very transmittable to the hand - and the fight gets muted too. Something magical about pitching or even vertical jigging... Direct connection thing that's addictive as all get out.

I am not above bb'ing if conditions warrant but find it crazy boring/depressing. And because of avoiding it I thus suck at it when I do - which makes it worse!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just funning around mostly. :)

The technique doesn't make the "bump of the bite" very transmittable to the hand - and the fight gets muted too. Something magical about pitching or even vertical jigging... Direct connection thing that's addictive as all get out.

I am not above bb'ing if conditions warrant but find it crazy boring/depressing. And because of avoiding it I thus suck at it when I do - which makes it worse!

Fair enough. just curious. I find it to be my favorite way to fish. different strokes for different folks. :;:cheers

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Last year I tried to almost strictly pull cranks. But, having better luck this year with live bait. I go with what works. It has been a lot of BB and spinners/slow death.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find spinners to be a happy medium between jigging and cranks. By the time spring is over I've done so much jigging on ice and the Missouri that i find pulling spinners on a nice summer day with a beer in my hand pretty damn relaxing and fun.

Indian Hills has been hit and miss. Can crush them one day and then not much the next. They are biting somewhere so just keep moving.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slow death out in front of pepsi point working west in 25-30 fow … further west work the points from the silo to beacon point…if you go east work from goat island to Mexican hat hit the points drop offs from 20 fow up to shore with spinners…or south side of lake work the pump house east in front of the cliffs 25 fow up to 15 fow spinners or slow death…wind is important and rollers hitting points with mudlines work all the way into 5 fow…big pigs like that dirty stuff in shallow…that is all I know…good luck

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be pulling into indian hills around 8pm Friday night for the weekend. I think I am in spot 37

No kidding! We are driving up Friday morning to fish. I can't remember which spot we are in, I think 25, but don't quote me. I'll have to come find you and have a beer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No kidding! We are driving up Friday morning to fish. I can't remember which spot we are in, I think 25, but don't quote me. I'll have to come find you and have a beer.

grayish F250, white ProV, and a Cherokee 5th wheel. Will have a cooler full of ice cold Busch lights in the yeti

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 208
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66