Insurance premiums on the rise

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why cant we self insure with vehicles? I get this would take a chunk of spare change but shouldn't this be an option if you so choose?
Send the state $250,000 for them to hold in case you get into a car wreck.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have Nodak and it appears they are higher price. However, a handful of claims over the last 20 years and no problems.
Service i have gotten keeps me there. db

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I switched to Progressive online about 10-12 years ago. Cut my premium in half. But, every year they creep up, too. Seemed extra outrageous this year, so I shopped around a bit...still couldn't come within about $300. Unfortunately, I'm insuring 3 boys in the 18-22 range...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now days a little ding is $1000. If a drop of paint is needed it's another $1000. The hourly shop charge is $150 and the bodyman or the mechanic gets what, maybe $25.
I have $1000 deductible and still pay over $900 each for three vehicles, and $4000 for the house. Seriously I think this greed like the greed in the medical field is the greatest danger to capitalism. Its why so many people went along with this disasterouse Obama care. Car insurance, home insurance, boat insurance, camper insurance, health insurance, unbrella liability insurance and now some are thinking firearms owner liability insurance. Pick your favorite gun because you will only be able to afford one and turn the rest in to uncle sam.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
My homeowners insurance with Auto Owners went up 38% from last year with no claims. I've started shopping around, and State Farm was even higher with a higher deductible. What the crap is going on? @johnr explain this madness!

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My homeowners insurance with Auto Owners went up 38% from last year with no claims. I've started shopping around, and State Farm was even higher with a higher deductible. What the crap is going on? @johnr explain this madness!
It pays to shop ( save you $$) stay away from farmers they're the worst,sadly i was complacent for years with famers rate increase annually, agent told me everyone pays extra for all the weather mishaps across our country from Hurricanes to tornadoes etc. agent then tells me to fill out a credit application beacon score above 750 he could save me a couple 100 $$$, which lead me to a insurance broker that found a company that saved me over $1000 annually for home and auto bundle w/o jacking up my $500 home owner deductible

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of our elected legislators in our ND congress decided to change the reporting of minor violations on all us ND'rs.
So rolling through a stop sign used to not count against you, a minor speeding ticket was not an issue, low dollar claims were not factored in.

Well this individual decided to add these back in, and because of this we are having giant leaps in our premiums.
And of course the pool is spread and lots of big claims in shit eating states makes ours go up too.

But mostly it was a busy body ND elected jack wagon that cause all this.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dang insurance crooks! Here in mn ins companies nail us for equipment violations like seat belt,adds $100 to my premium...for 1yr but at least not a moving violation.how can we bail out road hunting with a dang seatbelt strapping us in and usually wont release right off.pisser.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess I better quit speedin like an asshole all the time. I'm bout due for another ticket any day now.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of our elected legislators in our ND congress decided to change the reporting of minor violations on all us ND'rs.
So rolling through a stop sign used to not count against you, a minor speeding ticket was not an issue, low dollar claims were not factored in.

Well this individual decided to add these back in, and because of this we are having giant leaps in our premiums.
And of course the pool is spread and lots of big claims in shit eating states makes ours go up too.

But mostly it was a busy body ND elected jack wagon that cause all this.

Probably even worse is the fact that this a-hole talked over half of our sitting legislators into this beautiful idea.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50