It's been a crappy month!

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mother in Law goes into the hospital while I was at work a month and 1/2 ago. Was put in the ICU for a perforated and twisted bowel; blood pressure crashes a couple of times. They open her and fix what they find wrong. They have to go back in and fix some leaks; gets an infection from the leaks. Had to be put on a ventilator with a tracheotomy. Stays in ICU almost a month. Seems to be recovering and is sent to a hospital for long term patient recovery. I get home the same day from work off shore Canada. 2nd day there gets jaundice and a fever; white blood cells count spikes. 3rd morning there she's transferred back to the hospital and into ICU. She dies 12 hours later from a section of dead bowel, a septic liver and almost total organ shutdown. A week later we have her funeral.

In the middle of all that my niece's Leukemia comes back. She has to go down to the University Hospital in MSP for chemo because she has some rare form of Leukemia and has to go into isolation for 3 weeks.

A week and 1/2 later after the funeral (last Thursday) I drive my Mother down to Abbot Heart Hospital in MSP for her appointment with the heart surgeon for valve replacement. Work won't let me have time off, have to take leave of abstinence; not a good idea right now when they are looking for people to lay off. I left to go back to work Sunday, she had her procedure yesterday. Doing OK so far for a 82 yr old woman.

Yep, it officially been a crappy month.

Just venting, sorry for the drama!
Forgot to add that we lost $500 in seedling trees and a couple of hundred bucks in newly seeded lawn because no one was around to water them.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Work has to let you take time off I believe via the Family Medical Leave Act.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to buy you a beer and listen to your rant some more, makes my pathetic little troubles embarrassing. Seriously, hope things turn around for you and yours.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry about things. I'm laid off now and posting my garbage on borrowed time, I will pray for you.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Work has to let you take time off I believe via the Family Medical Leave Act.

Yes, they must allow you up to 12 weeks leave, but they don't have to pay you while you're on leave. If you have questions, contact the Department of Labor (DOL) Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA).

*Not an expert or attorney, not providing legal advice.*

- - - Updated - - -

And keep your head up champ!!!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
lots of suck out there for many these days... just remember, things are probably never as bad or good as they seem at any given time...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear bud.
I went through some of the same medical stuff a couple years back. Mom had a tumor the size of a football on her spine, removed a kidney, some vertebra, and some other stuff. Then dad had prostate cancer a month later and had surgeries on all that nonsense.
Mom was not good for a long time. My dog died, I blew a boat motor, and then mrs johnr went back to school to complete a different degree, leaving me to fend for myself during supper time occasionally.

It will get better, it always does.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys for the support. Just seem like it keeps piling on at times.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51