Jigging with Two Rods?

defiant1

Honored Member
Okay, I have not mastered jigging with two rods at the same time. So, I am looking for setup recommendations for the deadstick that is sitting in the rod holder. I used a drop weight suspending a floating jig about a foot off the bottom this past weekend. But, I am open for other suggestions (slip bobber, etc).

d1

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just drag a lighter jig behind the boat. It works better for me than holding two rods.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
a light bb will work well if you are moving slow... if spot locked you want it as vertical as possible so a heavier jig as a dead stick or a drop shot would work... i like to use 2 rods most of the time... the trick is to not set the hook on 1 rod, set the hook on both because if you think about it you will lose it

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I jig with two when I can. I dislike using the foot pedal for my bowmount so it gets a little chaotic trying to jig two rods and run a remote.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
If u are sitting still, just put a jig just off the bottom on the dead stick and set it in the holder as horizontal as possible. On devils, it works about as good as the one in your hand or the slip bobber.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I jig with two when I can. I dislike using the foot pedal for my bowmount so it gets a little chaotic trying to jig two rods and run a remote.

Ha, I'm just the opposite. I don't like the remote when fishing 2 rods and like that the foot pedal keeps both my hands free.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i use 2 when fishing vertical or drifting... i fish behind the helm on the toon and have 2 rod holders bout 3' apart aimed away from each other at 45* for spacing... i use one at a time as a dead stick that i adjust constantly when fishing is slow... i try this 1 at different depths off the bottom and try more motions with the other 1... if i get more bites on the dead stick i will slow down my jigging or pitching with the other... kinda use it as a trial balloon i guess...

it's kinda like jigging in the fish house and catching all the fish on the rattle reel... the fish will tell you what they want, and i'm getting better at listening...

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had a buddy that had to fish with two rods all the time. Found out he was hung-up 10 times more than me who was driving the boat.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a buddy that had to fish with two rods all the time. Found out he was hung-up 10 times more than me who was driving the boat.

hell I drive the boat and fish with 2 rods all the time and untangle everyone else's shit... the only time I don't use 2 rods is if I have kids or 4 people in the boat... then 1 rod is too much for me to pay attention too

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31