Kayak fishing

Jasonsman

Hey guys. I'm trying to do a little spring kayak fishing this year but I am new to the sport. Do any of you know where these spots are? Or some places to go?

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey guys. I'm trying to do a little spring kayak fishing this year but I am new to the sport. Do any of you know where these spots are? Or some places to go?

Find some water.
Find an area that you have seen some fishermen on.
Go get 'em.
You can thank me later.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish mostly Sak, but I think that guy fishes the sheyenne and the otter tail mostly in his videos

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Start off with a cheap set of fish finders, after spotting a fish move in on said area. This works with ice fishing as well

1712493655693.png

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our own MSA!
Nope .....I've run tuna n stingrays out for shark, and kayaked a few miles out into the Gulf for misc fish, but I don't yak freshwater....murky water and weeds touching my feet creep me out. If I weren't such a pussy I would kayak sakakawea and Audubon for pike n musky.

NodakBob

Honored Member
I hit the local small lakes and creeks once the water is warm enough to survive tipping into the water. I have fished the Missouri but got rolled over once by getting a snag while drifting a jig. I have already seen idiots in the river with kayaks last week…better have a wet or dry suit if they tip…and shit does happen every once in awhile…

NodakBob

Honored Member
Took our canoe up a local creek last year looking for spawning walleyes…never caught a walleye but did catch 6 species out of 8 fish!

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to fish small lakes that don't have boat ramps- but I like to get away from everything and everyone. Catching fish is just a bonus!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90