LEWT Tournament Winners BUSTED!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! Thought about this in past years, wondering if anyone had ever tried it and hopefully got caught.
These clowns should be Black Balled forever and lose all their sponsorships.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
From now on every fish I catch over 22” is going to get a 10oz weight upon release, that way no one uses any of my old fish against me come tourney time. :ROFLMAO:

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The shit of this is, how do you prove they cheated in the past tournaments? Tough to file lawsuits or criminal charges unless you have proof of past cheating.

Think of the money the other competitors spent, sponsors, winnings, etc. during the past year(s). I'm sure it's at least one million if not two that they could be sued for. I think about the guys/gals who came in at 2nd place to these assholes in the past year....I'd be so pissed! Good on them for not stringing them up on the spot, had to be tough not to.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! Thought about this in past years, wondering if anyone had ever tried it and hopefully got caught.
These clowns should be Black Balled forever and lose all their sponsorships.
Happened one time at the dakota walleye classic. They found weights in fish while cleaning them.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
The shit of this is, how do you prove they cheated in the past tournaments? Tough to file lawsuits or criminal charges unless you have proof of past cheating.

Think of the money the other competitors spent, sponsors, winnings, etc. during the past year(s). I'm sure it's at least one million if not two that they could be sued for. I think about the guys/gals who came in at 2nd place to these assholes in the past year....I'd be so pissed! Good on them for not stringing them up on the spot, had to be tough not to.
I was thinking the same thing. Hard to go back and prove this happened in their past tournaments. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
52C9D78B-ED4C-40D2-8765-59A14B77363A.jpeg

^ picture from last year
D51A1A5F-19BA-4119-802F-581FEAB270AE.jpeg

^ look bumpy to you?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
As obvious as guilt is... would it be provable in court? I bet they would walk from the criminal part, but would, and should get spanked so hard they can't even look at anything fishing again, ever.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
That tournament should be applauded for catching them.

Around here they would have got away with it every time.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
As obvious as guilt is... would it be provable in court?

"No your honor, we didn't put that in the fish we caught. They must've broken lines from other fishermen previously."

Or, from the defense attorney to the prosecution: "Do you have eye witness/photo/video evidence of the accused adding anything foreign into the fish they caught?"

The above said, if they don't move far far away, they're probably going to have to become big fans of Amazon and home cooking. If they've got school-aged kids things could get mighty rough for them.

Some people would cheat to win a used diaper, just to be able to say they won.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Airport scanning machine will eliminate all this nonsense, scan, then weigh, simple. But the prefish and dog kennel stringer shit will continue, need a way to eliminate that as well, even on the local level tourney, this is happens more than you know, so why even fish a tourney...its no fun anymore....everybody out for blood, nobody is better fisherman then the next guy, jesus L...fish to put food on the table guys. What happens when you put up thousands to win.....greed takes over not sportsmanship

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't there some shenanigans at a pike spearing tournament in ND just a couple years ago? Like they were actually spearing a different lake, or something like that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76