LEWT Tournament Winners BUSTED!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Chase Cominsky & Jacob Runyan Were Disqualified in 2021 After One of the Anglers Failed a Post-Event Polygraph Test Cominsky and Runyan were disqualified from The Fall Brawl fishing tournament in 2021 after one of the anglers failed a polygraph test, The Toledo Blade reported. That disqualification cost them a $100,000 prize. The newspaper reported that both men passed polygraph exams after later events

https://heavy.com/news/chase-cominsky-jacob-runyan-lake-erie-walleye-fishing-cheating/

Victory

20AC7F35-5002-4B6C-9BED-D1E62579FA07.jpeg

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all my years of tournament fishing I have seen plenty and heard alot too. So sad when it comes to big money all the cheating in all sports.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a video on YouTube of a guy explaining this and he had some good insight. He thinks that the weights were wrapped in the fillets to try and cover up the weights and make it feel more natural when someone squeezed the bellies. The other thing he brought up and but wasn't sure about, if these guys could be charged with a Federal crime since the Great Lakes are considered Federal and International water and are patrolled by the Coast Guard. Again he was speculating but he may not be wrong.

I'm waiting for PETA and the rest of the gang to show up.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
As my college coach used to say......Ifen you ain't cheaten, you ain't tyingg..... He was an Okie

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What a douche bag....

Makes you wonder how many times he did this and got away with it.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ross Robertson has the tournament director at n his latest podcast with the story. Not too much info other than he blatantly knew the fish were way heavy for their length.

My guess is they get charged with nothing. They were DQ’d here and you can’t prove anything from the past.

Nmariner

Established Member
I can’t believe they thought they could get away with this. 8 lbs of lead in 5 fish so an average of 1.6lbs per fish. I’m no tourney angler but if you hold up a 6 lb walleye that weighed in at 7.6 lbs I would notice something seemed off. Let alone holding those fish up in front of a crowd of tourney anglers that have watched how many hundreds of walleyes weighed over the years.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I listened to that podcast. Had to replay a couple sections. Was it the tourney director who wanted to look at the fish or did the crowd/ kayak guy encourage him. The video i seen showed the latter. He made mention that law enforcement helped him. He ( jason) made no ackowledgement he is a cop (which is stated on his bio).

skeets

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a video on YouTube of a guy explaining this and he had some good insight. He thinks that the weights were wrapped in the fillets to try and cover up the weights and make it feel more natural when someone squeezed the bellies. The other thing he brought up and but wasn't sure about, if these guys could be charged with a Federal crime since the Great Lakes are considered Federal and International water and are patrolled by the Coast Guard. Again he was speculating but he may not be wrong.

I'm waiting for PETA and the rest of the gang to show up.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can’t believe they thought they could get away with this. 8 lbs of lead in 5 fish so an average of 1.6lbs per fish. I’m no tourney angler but if you hold up a 6 lb walleye that weighed in at 7.6 lbs I would notice something seemed off. Let alone holding those fish up in front of a crowd of tourney anglers that have watched how many hundreds of walleyes weighed over the years.
Especially if your tourney director is a police officer. I would of thought they would of been caught long before this.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

They will forever be known as Cheat Cominsky & Fake Runyan -

Well, I’m the best there is. Plain and simple, when I wake up in the morning I piss excellence.

If you ain’t leadin, you’re last. You know, you know what I’m talking about?

"That there is trademarked, not to be used without written permission of Cheat Cominski & Fake Runyan Inc."

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member

Chase Cominsky & Jacob Runyan Were Disqualified in 2021 After One of the Anglers Failed a Post-Event Polygraph Test Cominsky and Runyan were disqualified from The Fall Brawl fishing tournament in 2021 after one of the anglers failed a polygraph test, The Toledo Blade reported. That disqualification cost them a $100,000 prize. The newspaper reported that both men passed polygraph exams after later events

https://heavy.com/news/chase-cominsky-jacob-runyan-lake-erie-walleye-fishing-cheating/
I guess their lawsuit against the promoter will be thrown out lol.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel bad for the teams that got second place or all teams that finished under them. How much prize money were they screwed out of?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80