LEWT Tournament Winners BUSTED!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not run a metal
Detector over all fish in the money? Hell
You can get a crappy metal detector for under a hundred dollars.
How you going to detect non metallic weights and foreign objects? rocks, marbles stuffing with other fish filets etc.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting language used by all the people there yelling and video taping. Stand up bunch of folks at that tourney. Not sure how big that weigh in is, I know a lot get big crowds, women, children etc... Releasing those videos with the cheaters and the morons yelling at them really tells you something about some people out there...
I guess life gets pretty stressful for 20-30 something yr old dudes with an out of wedlock kid or two, 200K+ boat/truck/sunglasses debt and no education...

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Interesting language used by all the people there yelling and video taping. Stand up bunch of folks at that tourney. Not sure how big that weigh in is, I know a lot get big crowds, women, children etc... Releasing those videos with the cheaters and the morons yelling at them really tells you something about some people out there...
I guess life gets pretty stressful for 20-30 something yr old dudes with an out of wedlock kid or two, 200K+ boat/truck/sunglasses debt and no education...
The more times I see that video pop up and I can't help but watch it, the more it feels like an episode of South Park.

I showed the video to my wife. Her only response was "are all those grown men really wearing fishing jerseys with their name on the back?" Kind of put things in perspective when I tried to look at the video through the lens of someone like her.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also thought the language was atrocious. Anyone that needs to drop an F bomb ever other word to Fn convey their Fn thoughts needs to Fn spend a little more Fn time expanding their Fn vocabulary. Maybe read a Fn book while Fn trolling 😊

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I suppose the moral of this story is that democrats love to fish!
I wish people got this upset about cheating and fraud at elections.

PS:
Sleepy Joe Biden once won a deep sea fishing tournament while visiting his family in Puerto Rico.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
92224CAB-78CA-4FAD-8367-FAD60D6E7529.jpeg
smelted lead, it would seem.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
A simple ultrasound machine would resolve this issue quickly, not as simple if they would inject water or whatever else, but lead is quite unsophisticated.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe Ohio has a law on the books regarding this type of crime, specifically tournaments.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Adults acting like kids

One dude sounded straight out cheech and chong's movies when he says "what the f### man" then a while later he says "you F##### over a lot of people man"

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the local prosecutor:
“My staff will be meeting with officers from the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources today regarding the matter. I take all crime seriously, including attempted felony theft at a fishing tournament,” O’Malley told TMZ Sports. “These individuals will be held accountable.”

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Adults acting like kids

One dude sounded straight out cheech and chong's movies when he says "what the f### man" then a while later he says "you F##### over a lot of people man"
I am going to give the vulgar language a little slack here. This is a pretty significant betrayal of honesty/sportsmanship and those who believe they have been victimized by it are justly unhappy. They reasonably suspected this team had a history of cheating them out of prestige and cold hard cash and had then confirmation dropped on them without much time to prep for it.

Under the same circumstances I may have also let loose with some NSFW vocalizations.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I listened to that podcast. Had to replay a couple sections. Was it the tourney director who wanted to look at the fish or did the crowd/ kayak guy encourage him. The video i seen showed the latter. He made mention that law enforcement helped him. He ( jason) made no ackowledgement he is a cop (which is stated on his bio).
I watched the podcast as well. Those tournament directors were tripping over themselves to justify how they allowed the cheating to persist for so long despite their own judgement and loud complaints from participants.

"We did lie detector tests that aren't admissable in court because they're garbage so we really exhausted all options available to make sure nobody cheats."

These idiots want maximum weights and entrants. They know cheating is rampant but they pretend otherwise. It became impossible to deny because these fraudsters were wildly flagrant, so they busted them.

Metal detectors don't fix anything. The most common tournament cheat is culling, and it is impossible to police unless using an alternative format where it's not necessary.

Tournaments suck because people suck, and people are getting worse not better.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to give the vulgar language a little slack here. This is a pretty significant betrayal of honesty/sportsmanship and those who believe they have been victimized by it are justly unhappy. They reasonably suspected this team had a history of cheating them out of prestige and cold hard cash and had then confirmation dropped on them without much time to prep for it.

Under the same circumstances I may have also let loose with some NSFW vocalizations.

The vulgar language doesn't bother me ,I thought it was on par for the scenario too and that cheech dude , he sounded right out of the 70's, man.

It's the whole atmosphere surrounding the bigger money tournaments and the cheating that occurs that bleeds volumes of immaturity. There's no stopping a few of them them from doing whatever it takes to make them " look better " than the next guy, hell they'll even cut out roads with backhoes to make a lake bigger.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched the podcast as well. Those tournament directors were tripping over themselves to justify how they allowed the cheating to persist for so long despite their own judgement and loud complaints from participants.

"We did lie detector tests that aren't admissable in court because they're garbage so we really exhausted all options available to make sure nobody cheats."

These idiots want maximum weights and entrants. They know cheating is rampant but they pretend otherwise. It became impossible to deny because these fraudsters were wildly flagrant, so they busted them.

Metal detectors don't fix anything. The most common tournament cheat is culling, and it is impossible to police unless using an alternative format where it's not necessary.

Tournaments suck because people suck, and people are getting worse not better.

First need to make attention to Vollmer, I found a glitch in the replying, if you decide not to reply to someones post you can't get rid of it, i didn't want to replay to colt45 post, so I delete just the contents of it and will comment on Slappy's

Making note about tournament directors delayed actions when a complaint comes in from other fisherman that they believe XX team is cheating, they needed to step up and investigate, do at all cost to protect the intergity of the organization and tournament, so they probably knew cheating was happening but didn't want the hassle because they were afraid of the damage it would cause to the reputation of them and the organization putting on the tournament. Sitting back and doing nothing only makes things worse in my opinion down the road. I commend Jason Fischer, he went with gut instinct and did what he didn't want to do. I saw his podcast of apology on facebook, you can see he was holding back emotion, not what he wanted but he had to do it.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If my source of income was degraded because of the same individuals over the course of a few years I'd be dropping plenty of Fbombs as well...

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
We should be applauding the tournament director for doing something at least.

Think about all the tournaments around here. Rarely, if ever, does anyone get busted.

Obviously cheating is going on, "but hey I don't want to call out one of my buddies."

Cheating is probably worse in the smaller local tournaments.

It's not the money, it's the egos involved.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you enter a fishing tournament because you need the money, and not for the ability to be able to have a few days off to fish and to have some competition with buddies or fellow anglers passionate about fishing, then you should probably get a real job with a more steady income and less overhead.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Disagree, but respectfully.... every individual has the right to work where they want and how they want. If a fishing tournament is their source of income, that's their decision.... The American Dream.... cheating and dishonesty happens in every job but none of us should be able to tell another to "get a real job" if that's how they choose to live.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Disagree, but respectfully.... every individual has the right to work where they want and how they want. If a fishing tournament is their source of income, that's their decision.... The American Dream.... cheating and dishonesty happens in every job but none of us should be able to tell another to "get a real job" if that's how they choose to live.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 4