Lost/stolen

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the thousands of folks out fishing in the annual dl ice fishing tourney I am sending this out in hopes one of you found my items or knows of someone who did. Lost and found at tourney headquarters has been checked to no avail thus far.
2 soft rod cases with 2 rods in each are missing. One of rod cases I had a St.Croix legend rod with a cetus reel and and also a frabil rod /reel set up. The other case I had an online reel set up and don't recall the other set up I had in that case.
They either came out of the calf sled during the trek through the parking lot and onto the ice or they were taken from my sled during the time we headed back to vehicle for some lunch before tourney started. I hope it was the former. The tourney is the greatest run event of its kind so am hoping it wasn't theft.
I was a volunteer fire fighter for 15 yrs and have worked this tourney for at least 20 of the 32 years it has been held but this year decided to fish it with the better half instead of work at it.
I did have 3 other rod/reel set ups in a pickle bucket so we were able to fish. I'd just like to put the word out in NDA land if any of you found my items or heard of someone finding my items to let me know as I would like them back. .
I am hoping it was just me being boneheaded in not loading sled properly. No, we didn't catch any fish either..hahaha. although a few were caught around us.
Thanks for passing this on! I will keep you posted if they turn up.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not good to hear....any other stuff get taken besides yours that you heard of? Bet there was a thieve in that crowd during the tournament.

Huntdux

Same thing happened to a buddy and I about 7 years ago, but they took the whole sled with 8 rods and about $200 in tackle while we were talking to someone else 50 yards away. Never seen our stuff again. Its not the first time it has happened at that tournament.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope your stuff turns up. I know that we should all be careful with our stuff, etc, but it sucks to think someone just sidled up to your sled, and helped themselves...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7