Lottery in Progress

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
After gratis tags, there were 266 available to the public. With over 6,500 applications it should take just over 24 years to get a tag :(

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this published somewhere? I pon't see it online anywhere. 35% of the tags going to gratis really hurts the average joe's change.

After gratis tags, there were 266 available to the public. With over 6,500 applications it should take just over 24 years to get a tag :(

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
From an email I received from the G&F:

North Dakota Game and Fish Department
Aug. 21, 2015

North Dakota’s pronghorn lottery has been held and individual results are available online at the State Game and Fish Department’s website, gf.nd.gov.

A total of 410 licenses were available in units 3B, 4A, and 4C. Over 6,500 applications, including 144 gratis, were received.

Unsuccessful applicants who submitted their application online or through the department’s 800 licensing telephone number will receive a refund back to their credit card. Individuals who submitted paper applications will receive a refund check.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't get that email. Strange. 144 gratis tags make things tough, really tough. I think there should be an allotment set aside for landowner tags. Pick an amount of tags for a specific unit for landowner/gratis. If there are 50 tags set aside and 132 applicants then they have to compete in a lottery as well. Maybe that's dumb but I know other states do it that way for antelope and deer. K bye now.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Don't be so negative, they could issue 10 times (if not more) that many tags in just a few years. I would think SD would be an option for some guys. Probably closer to most that the units open in ND now.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't mean to come across as negative. I was just trying to be a smartass, but there was no smiley guy who winks. I guess I should have used the ::: button. You are absolutely right. A few more mild winters and there will be a lot more tags and units available.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't be so negative, they could issue 10 times (if not more) that many tags in just a few years. I would think SD would be an option for some guys. Probably closer to most that the units open in ND now.[/QUOT

Why not be positive when a guy cant draw any tags for years and years? To top it off the NDGF tried to take away the bow tags last year too. Just epic fail after epic fail.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Wyoming guys. You can get TWO buck tags if you buy a leftover tag with a crapload of land to hunt. Buy a point for $30 and you can easily draw a tag next year.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Wyoming guys. You can get TWO buck tags if you buy a leftover tag with a crapload of land to hunt. Buy a point for $30 and you can easily draw a tag next year.
I do this. Leftover tags have very limited access. I have 5 points for next year but I need 8 to pull my blue chip unit in south central Wyoming.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do this. Leftover tags have very limited access. I have 5 points for next year but I need 8 to pull my blue chip unit in south central Wyoming.

I hope it doesn't take 8 points this year to draw. I assume you're talking about some of the red desert units. Otherwise it'll probably take at least 12-15 points to finally draw it with point creep. I'll have 5 points next year as well and want to get rid of my points badly. So many great bucks come out of 0-2 point units where a guy can go and hunt every other year or so. 1-2 points is plenty in WY to have a good hunt.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope it doesn't take 8 points this year to draw. I assume you're talking about some of the red desert units. Otherwise it'll probably take at least 12-15 points to finally draw it with point creep. I'll have 5 points next year as well and want to get rid of my points badly. So many great bucks come out of 0-2 point units where a guy can go and hunt every other year or so. 1-2 points is plenty in WY to have a good hunt.

Yes, south central units in those counties that have reported the most booners in the state. I haven't seen point creep yet. It has taken 8-9 points. I don't think it would get anywhere close to 12-15. So, I hope you are wrong there. Any good unit by my standards for the amount of land that is open to hunting and having quality antelope around takes at least 5 points to draw. Yes, 1-2 is good for a good hunt. I'm using Wyoming as my great hunt state. I can get a leftover tag and have as much fun in those good units, I'm sure of it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17