bonus point -- please somebody

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bonus point description: As per state law resident hunters, who do not want to receive a hunting license issued by lottery, may purchase one bonus point for a fee that is the same as the respective license.

Can somebody explain this ---- if i have 6 points and do not want to hunt this year can i buy a point and then next year have 7 or what does this law do?

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes you can purchase a point then apply in 2025.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
My understanding is that it just guarantees you don't draw that year. Basically the same as applying and not drawing, except you don't get your money back. You can't do both the same year though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the points started to multiply at some point?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are 3 scenarios for applying
1 apply as normal if drawn 1st choice get tag that year and Bonus Points (BP) go to 0 next year, if not drawn or get 2nd choice you have a BP added to next year drawing.
2 buy a Bonus Point and not be in drawing current year and have a point added to your total for next year. Allows you to add BP to next year without chancing getting drawn the current year and losing your points when you may not be able do dedicate to the hunt that year.
3. Don't apply at all for the current year and have the same amount of BP for next years drawing as this year. This can only be done for 1 year, the second year you must apply for lottery or buy a bonus point so as to not lose your current points
below snips are directly from G&F
BP.jpg
BP1.jpg

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I chose to buy a point the first year my boys wanted to deer hunt (3 years ago). I was new to it, thought we may have to use rifle season to find a buck for my oldest, and didn't want it to be about me. Worked out great as I drew a 2G1 buck this year with 2 points and closed the deal on my first antlered deer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88