Lowrance question

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run the Lowrance HDS 9 gen 3 two on dash side by side vs split screen linked together easier to see out windshield and a Lowrance HDS 9 gen 3 on bow with terrova trolling motor works good. I run two transducers in rear one total scan and HDI skimmer and built one in the terrova on bow built in which is 2d works great. Another great place to buy is russellmarineproducts on line used stuff in all models is great priced he takes tradeins and sell's new. Guys allways have to have best and his used is warrantied. Save thousands unless you don't want too. BY way update firmware on the lowrance's is big plus. I have no troubles. Lots of people like Garmin and Hummingbird too. What ever you have been using and are use to.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
decided to pull the trigger, from what I've read here, vids watched and other sources things have been mostly positive, looked at few other things like when, where and how I fish, I think it will be a good fit, would like the 12" budgetary restraints will not permit tho ...rofl..., the live transducer will wait for another day, thanks everyone

i

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you will be happy with it. In a couple years or less there will be active targets for sale when guys find out if the active target 2 is worth upgrading.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I like my Helix units. Only disadvantage they have against comparable units is no touch screen, which does not appeal to me. Humminbird's side and down imaging is superior to Lowrance's in my experience. I have no experience with Garmins, or live imaging.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56