No but he’s on record touting our state has the weather water and power for more data centers as well as opposing the data center transparency bill. Then the sudden need to put all that water under our state gov’s control. Maybe I’m wrong
20k gallons / day really isnt that much, If I left my lawn sprinkler system running for 24 hours it might use that much!Closed loop huh. Then why do they need 20,000 gallons of water a day. And a closed loop system would require heat exchangers with fans. Like car radiators like he said lol. And I wonder what’s with these companies having the word “power” on their name with these centers. The one in Williston is owned by Atlas Power. Has to be some benefit to them we aren’t aware of. I guess calling it Atlas Bitcoin Mining wouldn’t sit well with the citizens.
Exactly. Why would they even need it. That should be a red flag. 20,000 a day tells you it will def need cooling systems which means massive heat exchangers with lots of fans. Which equals lots of noise20k gallons / day really isnt that much, If I left my lawn sprinkler system running for 24 hours it might use that much!
if they arent near residential areas, sound shouldnt be a huge issue.Exactly. Why would they even need it. That should be a red flag. 20,000 a day tells you it will def need cooling systems which means massive heat exchangers with lots of fans. Which equals lots of noise
It's the neighboring landowners that pay the price then unfortunately. I know i wouldn't want one near my land that i hunt of if me or the kids ever wanted to build a house on our land that would be next to one of these things. I know not owning the land means nothing a person can do but still sucks for the neighboring landowners.if they arent near residential areas, sound shouldnt be a huge issue.
Problem is they’re putting them there. The one here that is up and running you can hear from three miles a way on a good percentage of days. And I’m west of it. The people that live a hundred yards away get to listen to a constant 80 decibel sound level. In winter it can get down to 68 on cold days but in summer can get into 90 decibel range.if they arent near residential areas, sound shouldnt be a huge issue.
Those effn windmills are not silent eitherProblem is they’re putting them there. The one here that is up and running you can hear from three miles a way on a good percentage of days. And I’m west of it. The people that live a hundred yards away get to listen to a constant 80 decibel sound level. In winter it can get down to 68 on cold days but in summer can get into 90 decibel range.