Mandan / Morton co. Ban whats already illegal?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are lots of vids out there showing how to build, I can see fun in the future with my boys and grandkids, Things get a little crazy around here when they come.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ever shot off aluminum cans with a bottle rockets and a container of water ? Can't find a youtube vid but Iv'e saw them go almost out of sight with a paper plate nose cone.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if they are ilegal how can they sell them?

This was my question from the original post I made before it was derailed with the girandole shows, which I got started as well:;:sorry, but my original intent was to discuss the idiocy of the issue being made and why there is a need to ban what is supposedly already illegal in state according to the story.

May have to visit with Andy Zachmeier Bismarck PD officer / Morton co. commissioner about this.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if they are ilegal how can they sell them?

You won't find many landowners who like Chinese lanterns. A lot of time we have very dry grasses during early July. Anyone who really thinks it's a good idea to launch a lit candle into the air and over onto land they don't own is an idiot. I've owned a lot of trees now for the past 3 Independence Day holidays. I get a little bit annoyed at the number of these frigging things I pull out of my trees. This year I found 5 of them in either the trees or prairie grass. Luckily, it wasn't that dry at my place over the 4th as I wasn't home to keep an eye on the place.

As far as why are they for sale around here when they are illegal? Good question, one can say the same thing about some hunting equipment, like compound bows with XX% letoff. Remember, it was illegal to use a bow with a letoff above a certain % for hunting for a long time. Sure wouldn't have thought the market for those bows wasn't just in target shooting. in an nutshell, use is illegal, ownership is not.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do these lantern come down lit? I don't have any knowledge of the things, I am pretty curmudgeonish when it comes to buying fireworks.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do these lantern come down lit? I don't have any knowledge of the things, I am pretty curmudgeonish when it comes to buying fireworks.

They arent SUPPOSED to, I think the main problem around here is they dont work well in high winds, which can force them down prematurely or tip them to the point of hot air escaping which will cause them to fall. They are kinda fun, but hard to launch if it is windy also....

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember at least one I found in my trees was burned, suggesting it came down prematurely and awkwardly.

Having had a squirrel start a fire last week that burned a couple acres by my barn, fire is something I take serious.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh sweat Jesus now they are forming a committee to discuss the proper way to ban and already illegal device! Well I guess like everything else in government if it's worth doing it's worth spending ten times more tax payers dollers to get to the same damn place a class of third graders could have got to in five minutes! Mandan sure must love the Washington way....first a committee on graveyard flowers and now one on flying Chinese lanterns. Thank God they're tackling all is serious issues facing the city in such a thorough manner!:::
http://m.bismarcktribune.com/mobile/article_d92d229a-8ac3-5c38-9802-9e8275b88f65.html

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy hell. I don't have the words Dean. Perhaps I'm more sensitive to it but it seems I've been butting heads with this sort of idiocy since freaking grammar school. Wonder what would happen if the piss wagon arrived at one of their esteemed meetings.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh sweat Jesus now they are forming a committee to discuss the proper way to ban and already illegal device! Well I guess like everything else in government if it's worth doing it's worth spending ten times more tax payers dollers to get to the same damn place a class of third graders could have got to in five minutes! Mandan sure must love the Washington way....first a committee on graveyard flowers and now one on flying Chinese lanterns. Thank God they're tackling all is serious issues facing the city in such a thorough manner!:::
http://m.bismarcktribune.com/mobile/article_d92d229a-8ac3-5c38-9802-9e8275b88f65.html

;:;banghead

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember at least one I found in my trees was burned, suggesting it came down prematurely and awkwardly.

Having had a squirrel start a fire last week that burned a couple acres by my barn, fire is something I take serious.

I need to know more of this arsonist squirrel. Sounds like a good story.
I have a town cat, he is out and about the neighborhood most of the day, he and a squirrel had a run in, somehow my cat won, but would guess if that squirrel had some matches things would have been different

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55