Mayo clinic

flyfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to take my mom down to the Mayo clinic in Rochester. Does anyone know of a cheap place to stay like a hospitality house? Don't know how long we will have to stay, could be a week or more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eliminator

Honored Member
I have been there in the past and I think if you contact Mayo they can give you some of that kind of information. It has been a while but we stayed in a motel there that had a special rate for Mayo patients and was very close. Sorry I don't remember the name of it. I do remember they also had shuttles that picked you up etc.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been there in the past and I think if you contact Mayo they can give you some of that kind of information. It has been a while but we stayed in a motel there that had a special rate for Mayo patients and was very close. Sorry I don't remember the name of it. I do remember they also had shuttles that picked you up etc.
Yeah I had to go down there about 12 years ago. I think I got an info packet from the clinic with hotel/shuttle info.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When i was there a couple times we stayed at a motel close to there if i remember right. Gave us a discount being we were at Mayo.
Can't remember anything else.

flyfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks everyone for the info. $100 a night could add up in a hurry.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am also blank on the name of the motel. But it is right across the street on north side, discount rates. Couple nice little cafes right there also

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to airbnb. Rochester. If you are really on a budget, filter for private room with common space and set your max price. Rooms can be had for $25.

dank

I've spent a considerable amount of time in Rochester the last two years. If you think your stay will exceed 7 days, I would look at renting an apartment versus hotel or airbnb. Craigslist is full of places you can rent on a month to month basis. I like to have my own private space and the ability to cook my own meals. Do your research as to the bus routes so you can avoid parking, which can suck royally.

If only going for a few days I usually stay at the Hampton south. I can make good use of the points, they have a flexible shuttle and it's close to Newts.

Best of luck and prayers for a positive outcome.

GSP22366

If you are using the parking ramp, be sure to buy a multiple day pass. Allows some discount and you can come and go for one daily charge many times in a day. They have a variety of day options and can be used over an extended time. Keep your receipts for tax time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 75
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31