migration 23

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s more darks showing up fornsure along the river between bis and washburn. Been out bowhunting a couple times with my son and definitely hearing more honkers coming off in the evenings

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best time of year for me,cool weather,beautiful western sunsets,sky filled with migrating fowl,now hope old man winter stands down for a few more weeks.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_6897.jpeg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stepped out w/the dog a couple hours ago and it took a bit but I was able to spot a small band of snow geese flying over Fargo. They’re a bit like ghosts when you do finally spot them over the lit-up city under cloud cover.

4Buck

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you using all silos when shooting those ducks in the field? I find the ducks don't like them that much, the geese do though.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you using all silos when shooting those ducks in the field? I find the ducks don't like them that much, the geese do though.
Yep with a couple spinners and they are landing right where we want them to. Dog was looking at me when we had multiple groups of pintails 10 yards in front of us. He gave me that what are you waiting for look a few times haha.

Here is a video the week before could not shoot ducks there so no spinners and they still wanted in.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you using all silos when shooting those ducks in the field? I find the ducks don't like them that much, the geese do tho
We use same silos some full body and spinners too been good
IMG_2500.jpeg

4Buck

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info. They work ok in the sun too?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well done kurt!,add your pup working next time,sometimes i enjoy just watching my pup work,all business rather than the kill in my old age,

Thanx again kurt for sharing your video

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well done kurt!,add your pup working next time,sometimes i enjoy just watching my pup work,all business rather than the kill in my old age,

Thanx again kurt for sharing your video
Thank you. That’s one thing I need to take the time and get more videos of him. I should get a go pro to put on him be some good videos

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
isn't that because birds bunch up when they are scared?
That or they are being really competitive for the food the little geese, ducks and specks seem to go where you have them closer together. Some days you just have to change if the first flock does not like it.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda funny. I have found geese don't like to dive bombs much. Wonder if that is why I see them for sale all the time. I have a trailer of full bodies and like to mix dive bombs in. Seems geese flare when I use them. I personally think they're too shiny. Ducks don't care....couple mojos and they pile in.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda funny. I have found geese don't like to dive bombs much. Wonder if that is why I see them for sale all the time. I have a trailer of full bodies and like to mix dive bombs in. Seems geese flare when I use them. I personally think they're too shiny. Ducks don't care....couple mojos and they pile in.
I don’t think they shine any more than full bodies also think shine is over thought look how shiny birds are with the natural oil on their feathers either way the fully flocked cure any shine. I dont think people do a good enough job hiding and dont realize that shadows off the blinds or trails around them stick out more than any thing. Putting a drone up and checking stuff out really opened my eyes to when I thought it was good enough it still was not. I might be a blind nazi but no one complains when they are landing at our feet.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Profile is what birds see according to state trapper who can pick them out flying. Says most hunters need to put a lot of cover around sides of blinds. My dive bombs shine way more that my full bodies. But they aren't fully flocked just heads. On cloudy days I haven't noticed any issue but I leave them bagged up in trailer if sunny. Just my experience with silos. I prefer full bodies anyway. To each their own.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Profile is what birds see according to state trapper who can pick them out flying. Says most hunters need to put a lot of cover around sides of blinds. My dive bombs shine way more that my full bodies. But they aren't fully flocked just heads. On cloudy days I haven't noticed any issue but I leave them bagged up in trailer if sunny. Just my experience with silos. I prefer full bodies anyway. To each their own.
I’ll be getting the fully flocked ones if I ever move back to ND. Have some silo sock ducks that work good too. No more decoy trailers for me!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 85
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31