Mild winter ?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time will tell , According to the latest weather models it's "should" be. Only ran across one woolly bear so far, It had just a little black on both tips like the one in the pic . Once the leaves drop will be able to see how high off the ground the wasp nests are in the trees. I don't know how much I would depend on this for weather forecast today but it's an interesting tradition that's fun to keep tabs on. It's all they had back in the day. There are so many claims now days online but back in the day almost everyone bought an Old farmers almanac weather they could afford it or not. It was a necessity.

woolybearjpgitokMWnaZhwz-1.jpg

9k=

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.almanac.com/content/predicting-winter-weather-woolly-bear-caterpillars

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'll have 3" of rain then 2" of snow (for tracking) the 10th thru 12th of nov to lock everything down and freeze up wet, -30 lows and 0 highs from nov 15 to dec 15 for good ice, highs in the 20's thru march, then warm to the 70's with enough rain to replace the snow we don't want to help take the ice off in record time...

also, 3" of snow for a white xmas please...

this completes my order...

mother nature replies back: "funny man... please pull around to the first window for your bitch slap"...

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brown Christmas and 80s for March this year, as long as greatest El Niño ever holds up, looking like a potential bust at this point. Not that I despise winter, I just wish it would stay within its actual season. A frozen lake in may is something I hope to never see again.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope we have the snowiest, coldest, most windiest winter we have ever had!! :;:sorry Maybe it will get rid of some of these people that like to steal stuff, and stab, or shoot someone. :;:smokin

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the weather has proven to be ineffective for purging. Money is the key and it's working great right now!

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the farmers almanac is calling for a colder winter with above average snowfall for this winter, but not real sure.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The farmers almanac was completely wrong last year. El Niño seems to be in the forecast.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just keep the white stuff to a minimum so it doesn't screw up the ice. Slush pockets are the devil.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am moving to a new house around the 20th of November, no snow, ice or cold till December 1st please.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the weather has proven to be ineffective for purging. Money is the key and it's working great right now!

Now if we could just get lutheran Social Services to stop importing them from Africa we might be better off. I see they were talking about how ND has the highest per capita settlement rate for refugees in the United States! I worked with many of them and 25% or more are people you would never want in your neighborhood.

As for the weather I hope it's hot as hell and dry as hell. I love to duck hunt and ice fish but I would be willing to take a hit to those if it gets us back on our feet for the deer herd and a bumper.crop of pheasants.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Halloween. Blizzard.

All the crops will be off before deer season. There are few things in life as enjoyable as hunting deer in snow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55