Milwaukee or Makita?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a bunch of little gas powered Stihl stuff. My newest, weed trimmer, sucks balls at starting. I will be switching my stuff as it needs to be to battery powered.
I currently have a dewalt drill, as a non carpenter, and basic user of this tool, it will likely outlast me. I would replace with Milwaukee, iffn I ever need too

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone seen a deal lately on the big Milwaukee 12 ah batteries for the m18 fuel?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a bunch of little gas powered Stihl stuff. My newest, weed trimmer, sucks balls at starting. I will be switching my stuff as it needs to be to battery powered.
I currently have a dewalt drill, as a non carpenter, and basic user of this tool, it will likely outlast me. I would replace with Milwaukee, iffn I ever need too
I own a few Stihl products (2 weed eaters, and edger, and two blowers) and can tell you I will be trying out different brands as these wear out. The edger and we be if the blowers have treated me well but the other three are nothing but problems. Have had to replace carburetor in the two weed eaters and they are only a couple years old. One of them doesn’t start worth a crap and same with one of the blowers. All are under warranty and runnings won’t take care of crap.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Milwauke if you need a sawsall, makita IMO is better for cordless drills and impact drivers...

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the red tools brother in-law has all blue tools they seem to be about the same red tools are way easier to replace no questions asked just handed me a new one off the shelf

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still have a lot of Dewalt, used for years in commercial construction, held up well. That said will be replacing with Milwaukee as they fail. Still like certain Porter Cable items though.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I replaced all my Dewalt tools with Milwaukee and have not looked back. It's more of a sickness owning Milwaukee tool. I just kept buying for a yr or more. Now I just about have all of there hand tools. I had all the impacts but the big 1400 lbs of Torque. I was changing a wheel bearing and couldn't get the bolts to break loose. After breaking a 1/2 breaker bar with a pipe cheater I went to Runnings and purchased the big 1400 and it spun the bolts like there were loose. It is a beast.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33