Missouri Rive

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was shooting at the McClean Gun range this morning and left at about 1100 and drove to the boat dock and there was only 2 trailers there, not sure what that truly means just what I seen. I can tell you the river is down a lot since my last trip out and navigating and fishing will need adjustment for that for sure. GL to all and if wind wasn't Gail force this weekend I would probably try it. dukgnfsn

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard it's slow. Further south you go its gets better. This is second hand info so take it for what it's worth.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Put in at Ft Rice last weekend pulling lead core deep caught some small eyes and some big ass snakes. What we ended up with was 6 eyes 16 to 22in they were scattered one here one there. Should of had at least 9 for the 6hrs we were out. First time on the Missouri since June. Sure miss the Sakakawea bite. Good Luck to all, water is getting cold. Life Jackets for fishing alone?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at the Rifle Range mid afternoon. Zero boats.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was at Hazelton yesterday. Kept 2 and caught a handful of shorts on jigs. Not a bite on cranks.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was out one day for each of the last two weekends I've spent 5 hrs each time out. the first day out was one fish over 18" the rest were between 12"-14" all were C&R yesterday caught one that was 16" and 2 12" C&R but now the smallmonth I found a spot that was nonstop. 14" was the biggest but busy. Next time out I will be throwing some big stuff at the smallmouths I found ,with that many of them there has to be a Biggion in there.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
15 fish in 5 hours yesterday. Cranking down south. Kept 14" - 20" threw back a lot of smaller ones.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33