Mn DNR

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does ND Game and Fish do this kind of thing? I wonder how much blue plater and sconi stuff ..and well..ND stuff as well gets confiscated each year? Does anyone know what happens to ND forfeited equipment? This forfeited auction thing sounds like a good idea..no?
[h=1]Confiscatedhunting, fishing equipment auction set for April 28[/h]TheMinnesota Department of Natural Resources will hold an auction of confiscatedhunting and fishing equipment on Saturday, April 29, beginning at 9 a.m. Theauction items are from people who forfeited their equipment after committingserious game violations. The last auction was in 2014 and there is a largeinventory available.
Thepublic auction will be at Hiller Auction Service, 10785 261st Ave., Zimmerman.
Itemsoffered for sale include, but are not limited to: firearms, bows, tree stands,fishing rods and reels, tip-ups, traps, trail camera, spotlights, scopes andspears. There are 387 firearms, 100 bows, 280 other items.
Inspectionof items will be available on Friday, April 28, from 1 to 4 p.m., and at 7 a.m.the day of the auction. Once the auction begins, there will be no access tofirearms.
Allequipment is sold as is, including all defects or faults, known or unknown.Items cannot be returned once they have been purchased. Buyers may bring theirown cases and there will be cases available for purchase to transport firearms.
Anyonepurchasing a firearm will be required to pass a background check.
Revenuefrom the auction goes to the Game and Fish Fund, the DNR's most important fundfor delivering fish, wildlife and law enforcement programs. It is used, amongother things, to manage 5,400 fishing lakes, 1,400 Wildlife Management Areasand support 150-plus field conservation officers.
Alist of firearms and bows being offered for sale is available by visiting theauction website at www.hillerauction.com/04292017.html

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the wardens get to divvy it up amongst themselves every year.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they do. I've heard the stuff often goes for more than new as guys are there to get their stuff back.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is pretty close to me, but I should not go as I cannot be trusted. I would get all caught up in the bidding fun and then have to sleep outside with my new toys!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, an auction can really get a guy jacked up and spending foolishly.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
good deals can be had at these events,just gotta go in knowing values comparing to new,most often you rarely see the hi-end stuff as these guyz that pay to play won't chance losing their stuff over poaching but there are exceptions,some folks are that stupid.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next weekend SD has one, but it's antlers, skulls, treestands, guns, and some other misc stuff. I think I'm going to go check it out at least. Looks like they'll have lots of interesting stuff to look at and probably bid on.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to Nooley Dean, the reason you shoot a savage is because it's cheaper than dirt and you don't mind handing it over to the boys in brown

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 6