MN Wolves and Low Deer Numbers

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how they claim that one guy talking about how when the wolf populations were highest is when deer population were also highest (hunter success rate I guess). Anyways I feel that he just spun his data and information to is biased opinion, he does have a point that its not just wolves but he sure doesn't want to say anything that points possible impact by them just like his stupid heart attack comparison. You can just tell he wants to deflect to everything else and his poor wolves are innocent basically.
My thoughts are open a wolf season to sell tags as there are plenty of people looking to get an opportunity to have a wolf pelt, I know I would love to get one some day, then as your deer numbers come up you can sell wolf and more deer tags again. It can't be as hard as many like to make it sound to balance out numbers, lets face it kill a couple wolves and they become smarter and more elusive just like yotes.

BuckRio

I like how they claim that one guy talking about how when the wolf populations were highest is when deer population were also highest (hunter success rate I guess). Anyways I feel that he just spun his data and information to is biased opinion, he does have a point that its not just wolves but he sure doesn't want to say anything that points possible impact by them just like his stupid heart attack comparison. You can just tell he wants to deflect to everything else and his poor wolves are innocent basically.
My thoughts are open a wolf season to sell tags as there are plenty of people looking to get an opportunity to have a wolf pelt, I know I would love to get one some day, then as your deer numbers come up you can sell wolf and more deer tags again. It can't be as hard as many like to make it sound to balance out numbers, lets face it kill a couple wolves and they become smarter and more elusive just like yotes.

I hunt in an two areas with an active packs...the whole wolf thing is being oversold, IMO. I saw plenty of deer. Wolves move deer around and alter their patterns, so that old box blind that grandpa hunted out of may no longer be in the right place. We moved some stands around based on trail cam data, and I saw 15 deer opening day, two bucks. They became a little more scarce once the shooting started, but if you sit all day and don't do dumb stuff, you will have an opportunity. Once we get a couple mild winters the deer will rebound.

Now, don't get me started on the idiotic forest management plan the DNR came up with...they ruined a prime yarding area for deer near McGregor with the effed up logging scheme that checker-boarded a mature pines area deer used to escape starvation and wolves.

Tinesdown

They say the elk are as good as beef to eat and the landowners had their private herd to pick from. Game and fish told me the count was over 1000 up there last winter and i told them to recount. db
Not sure where your land and elk are how many miles from st john have walked for deer up that way wakopa was thicker than hell only chance at a buck was clear cuts through red willow tough deer hunting imo but big deer around hard to connect in rifle season

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that sounds like sitting ground and not walking ground. But, could be misunderstanding the situation. If so, my apologies in advance.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88