Mobridge SD Chamber Tournament

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
June 13th. I'm no a tournament guy, but I agreed to get in it again this year with my buddy from Rapid City. If you're interested you can contact the Mobridge Chamber of Commerce. I'll try to attach a flier if I can get one.

Last year their weren't about 80 teams. Its a one day tourney and you can have 2, or 3 guys. With a $150 entry fee its really affordable. Rules meeting Friday night where, at least one of the members need to be there. I didn't pre-fish at all in the area last year. Just went to an old spot after the first one didn't pan out, and started cranking. The system is full of 15 inch fish, and boats can only weigh two fish over 20. We had a nice 25" but couldn't get the other. Most boats had their 6 fish. Very few had both overs. Most didn't have any overs. We placed 13th with our one over and a 18 17 the rest 15. That got our entry fee back and I won a prize of misc. stuff worth about $100.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not seeing many over 20", still the average has generally been pretty good: 16-18". Not like it used to be, but those days will be back, there is forage everywhere.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, not many over 20". I haven't got one all year on Oahe, but have seen a few pigs. If you can get one over, you should be in the money, just don't end up a fish short. If you get 2 overs, You'll be sitting pretty.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally got out for awhile yesterday caught lots of fat 14 inches so the future is looking up. The crappie fishing right now is nothing short of epic. A whole live well full of 14 inch crappies on plugs was a blast.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally got out for awhile yesterday caught lots of fat 14 inches so the future is looking up. The crappie fishing right now is nothing short of epic. A whole live well full of 14 inch crappies on plugs was a blast.

I haven't caught a crappie yet this year, and that's going out 2-3 times a week. Probably because of where I fish. I know a guy that was pulling Shad Raps at 2.5 and getting hammered by crappies. Up in the Grand.
How did the 3M tournament go? I'm working this weekend so no clue. Will be out Monday and Tuesday, although with Monday's wind forecast I may use the day to do some reloading.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't hear any results for the 3m yet. Yep the grand is where it's at. I think I am going to go back in blue blanket and cast Beatle spins and swim baits today for something different to do.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should be a very nice day, kind of hot and sunny. Good for drinking a few. Sure am glad I'm at work not increasing my risk of skin cancer. Just about every day I go out there is someone in the back of the Revheim bay, I assume they are fishing for crappies. Maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow, fish under the train bridge back there if the wind is an issue.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75