Moles, voles, gophers???

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Diesel fuel/ match,easy peasy,prob tunnel with metal rod along tunnel dumping fuel in each hole you make, the mound usually indicates den.

Using 2cyc gasoline 25 to 1 ,i usually have left over ice auger gas for this fun and more exciting, you get the "poof" effect .either method done deal.

For moles,neighbor claims bubble gum works well chunks placed along tunnel,critters choke out as the eat gum,never tried it myself.

Also read for moles/ pocket gohps put a couple lawn whirly fans along tunnel,the vibration from the fan spooks the critter as they are sensitive to ground vibration.

MPO only.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never, in my decades of lawn ownership, had a mole,vole, ground squirrel, or other digger issue with the exception of groundhogs under a shed.

You can imagine how that went for the ground hog.
1696004796065.png

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We’ve determined Royce might have Addison’s disease. If we take him off low dose prednisone (used during treatment of anaplasmosis this spring) for more than a few days he’s damn near dead.

Luckily he’s still dry humping stuffies when he’s on it - so who knows how long he’ll last.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
F42062DB-97FA-4ECD-B4C6-02D46BE31C54.jpg

1 down. I had 3 traps set, got 1 and the other 2 traps got buried. Thanks for the advice.
those are the traps that i finally started catching them with the summer of 2020. Caught almost 100 of them in my yard, hay field and 1/2 mile of road. then the flood of 21 came and when the roads were going under there were thousands of dead pocket gophers floating. havent had a mound since.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve used these products for the past five years. No more varmit/rodent chasing, no more mowing over the dirt mounds, no more sniping with the .22cal, etc. the pocket gopher (mole) typically increases their movement in the fall because farmers are tilling and harvesting their crops… at least my experience since I was in a newer development outside of town and had the hay field just past my backyard.

Set it and forget it. The jobs gets done! Even removed one in my tree row and brought up to the camper at the lake. Kills those field mice before they get inside of your camper. Brought it back home for the fall, winter, and spring. Refill the vertical feed tube and secure to a younger tree (2”-5” trunk) with some wire.

Works like a charm and worth the cost. TSC also sells a cheaper version of the bait blocks that slides down the metal rod inside of the feed tube.
IMG_1109.jpeg
IMG_1108.jpeg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Up Y'oars,

I've been using the same kind of bait around my place for a few years now. It kills a bunch, but there are just some that refuse to eat poison. Bastards!

I also augment the external bait stations with trays of this for those that make it into my shop.

1697047782090.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93