Mt. Lion in North Bismarck...

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Relax folks... we can all stop freaking out now.... the G&F has flown in on their black helicopter of truthiness and assured the public that no lion was found.... minimul nuralizer usage was required in this neighborheeod sweep and all can rest assured that only morons and lunatics see lions
Also its no big deal if one does see one

https://www.myndnow.com/news/bismarck-news/what-to-do-if-you-spot-a-mountain-lion/1651574637

They also want you to call your local law enforcement agencies and report any sightings."... so that they can completely discredit and label your foolish sighting as hallucinations and adverse effects of swamp gass and Budweiser.

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
there was a moose in town here last winter it made our paper but in a little town if some one farts wrong it is in the paper
I farted wrong once and it didn’t make the paper but it left a brown spot in my shorts.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Relax folks... we can all stop freaking out now.... the G&F has flown in on their black helicopter of truthiness and assured the public that no lion was found.... minimul nuralizer usage was required in this neighborheeod sweep and all can rest assured that only morons and lunatics see lions
Also its no big deal if one does see one

https://www.myndnow.com/news/bismarck-news/what-to-do-if-you-spot-a-mountain-lion/1651574637

They also want you to call your local law enforcement agencies and report any sightings."... so that they can completely discredit and label your foolish sighting as hallucinations and adverse effects of swamp gass and Budweiser.

Apparently mountain lions make prides now. I learn something every day.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
not sure why anyone would b surprised by this... this is a very rural state with several river systems that run for 100's of miles going through it... anything found in our neighboring states or provinces could easily b here too...

when i lived in billings in the 90's and 2000's, there were reports of cats coming into missoula and grabbing dogs, cats, and even a couple kids... if there is a food source and very little hunting pressure, they could easily expand to new areas...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
not sure why anyone would b surprised by this... this is a very rural state with several river systems that run for 100's of miles going through it... anything found in our neighboring states or provinces could easily b here too...

when i lived in billings in the 90's and 2000's, there were reports of cats coming into missoula and grabbing dogs, cats, and even a couple kids... if there is a food source and very little hunting pressure, they could easily expand to new areas...
Oh I don't think very many people are all that surprised by it when we've killed several around town in the past 10 years or so including one in the back of the old Home Depot which is in this exact same area near Hay Creek.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another killer lion spotted running a zone defense between schools in order to cause the most amount of mayhem as possible.
In an added level of terror to school admin.. the beast was also spotted wearing a MAGA hat and a #2020 fur job.
Screenshot_20181217-144852_Messages.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

GF will be on scene at any moment to assure the public mt lions do not exist and question the iq of anyone who has seen bigfoots pet kittens, and yell aylt any other agency that dare speak to a wildlife issue.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9f92c1b5-1f4c-4584-9628-3c879bd3c3ad

GF will be on scene at any moment to assure the public mt lions do not exist and question the iq of anyone who has seen bigfoots pet kittens, and yell aylt any other agency that dare speak to a wildlife issue.

Can you blame them when 95% of the "sightings" they receive are dog tracks, tabby cats, and pictures of coyote tails? You are giving the general public a lot of credit. Who called it in? Some housewife that spent all night watching wildlife mauling documentaries? Or some guy that spends 40 days a year hunting the badlands? Can you blame them for not putting too much faith in the public when there are still people showing up to advisory board meetings talking about how their "brother-in law’s cousin saw the trailer full of mountain lions while leaving the bar during a blizzard back in 95 and he knows what he saw even though his headlights weren't working that night." When people take off their tin foil hats and have a serious conversation about lions, maybe the department will start to give them the time of day.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
More like, can you blame them when there isn't a person on this thread that wouldn't sue the school system for failing to alert parents and the media about a big cat sighting in areas where we have an elementary and middle school and the unthinkable were to happen?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm always skeptical of these reports, but like Allen said BPS has to cover their butts just in case. I live right up in this area and between cats and moose i'm not that surprised by either anymore, they come out of the river bottoms and Horizon Heights is the first development they hit in NW Bismarck. Its probably pretty fertile hunting grounds with all the coulees and such running through the area. Lots of pheasant, chukars, yippie yard dogs etc.

ND1SHOT

Before cats were being reported in Bismarck, I actually saw one on the north side of Bismarck, but no rifle to take care of it.

Moral of the story.... Keep the story quiet so people don't freak out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5