NDSU not immune to PC Police

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a UND grad. I'm an NDSU grad that is fed up with his bullshit.

I'm not a UND or NDSU grad and I think he's doing a great job. My son goes to NDSU and thinks he's doing a great job. He's on pace to graduate in 4 years and has an internship at a top engineering firm in Fargo.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a UND or NDSU grad and I think he's doing a great job. My son goes to NDSU and thinks he's doing a great job. He's on pace to graduate in 4 years and has an internship at a top engineering firm in Fargo.

I agree your son is doing welll

but if bresciani is doing such a great job your son shouldn't be such a rare jewel in the student body - NDSU's reason for being is to teach

"With rates of 25.2% and 56.1% for on-time (two or four years depending on the degree) graduations and overall graduation rates, respectively, North Dakota State University - Main Campus does an average job of graduating its students on-time and an above average job at graduating students overall.

Based on the caliber of students that attend North Dakota State University - Main Campus we would expect an overall graduation rate of 63.7%, however, students are graduating at a rate that is 7.6% lower than that. Therefore, North Dakota State University - Main Campus is performing below average at graduating students, based upon those students' anticipated academic achievement in college. "

http://www.collegefactual.com/colle...mpus/academic-life/graduation-and-retention/#

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things like this is why Trump is doing so well. One person may say a person with an IQ of 30 is mentally retarded. A liberal will go nuts and say no no he is mentally challenged. If they mean the same thing why is saying mentally challenged more kind than saying mentally retarded? Do we have to rename fire retardents also? This is not a moral argument, it is a feel good emotional argument. An emotional argument to change names that means the same thing. So if it means the same thing how is it kinder? I think it takes a mentally retarded mind to come up with these ideas. I dislike emotion over-riding logic.

Just like that stupid commercial with the lady talking about words like retarded being bad. She goes on to say that those words bring up a negative connotation and so they now use words like disabled. Hate to point it out to her its not the word the brings up the nagitive connotations it's the condition that brings it up. No matter what word they use it will always take on the negative aspect. Hell you can say that kid over there is titty sprinkles and soon enough that will mean a bad thing.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree your son is doing welll

but if bresciani is doing such a great job your son shouldn't be such a rare jewel in the student body - NDSU's reason for being is to teach

"With rates of 25.2% and 56.1% for on-time (two or four years depending on the degree) graduations and overall graduation rates, respectively, North Dakota State University - Main Campus does an average job of graduating its students on-time and an above average job at graduating students overall.

Based on the caliber of students that attend North Dakota State University - Main Campus we would expect an overall graduation rate of 63.7%, however, students are graduating at a rate that is 7.6% lower than that. Therefore, North Dakota State University - Main Campus is performing below average at graduating students, based upon those students' anticipated academic achievement in college. "

http://www.collegefactual.com/colle...mpus/academic-life/graduation-and-retention/#

Do those numbers factor in internships? It took 6 years to get my engineering degree because I spent 2 years doing internships. Sure I could have graduated in the 4 years but I valued the real life experiences and so did the employers. Not everything is as black and white as numbers on a spreadsheet.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do those numbers factor in internships? It took 6 years to get my engineering degree because I spent 2 years doing internships. Sure I could have graduated in the 4 years but I valued the real life experiences and so did the employers. Not everything is as black and white as numbers on a spreadsheet.

For these numbers, unless they left that scenario out of one data set and included it in the other (unlikely), it wouldn't matter. The percentages would be the same (comparing NDSU against the standard that is). Unless I'm wrong. Statistics wasn't my best course. Feel free to correct me.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, but I for one do not see it as the University or Bersconi's job to make sure your kid graduates. That's YOUR job as a parent. Their job is to offer and teach classes. It's your job to raise your kid so he understands the importance of an education and studying (should they chose a field that requires that) so they graduate.

Quit blaming our education system for parents turning their kids into spoiled brats who think they get everything for nothing.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
This PC crap is a joke. Doesn't fly with me and don't care if people like what i say or not. Brought up to call a spade a spade.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Holy shit hell must be freezing an engineer is saying this.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, but I for one do not see it as the University or Bersconi's job to make sure your kid graduates. That's YOUR job as a parent. Their job is to offer and teach classes. It's your job to raise your kid so he understands the importance of an education and studying (should they chose a field that requires that) so they graduate.

Quit blaming our education system for parents turning their kids into spoiled brats who think they get everything for nothing.

Agree with you whole heartedly.

But in order to accomplish this the university should at least higher professors that speak English well enough so the student that does speak English can understand them to learn.....sounds like it is starting to be more and more of a problem at NDSU.

Freshman year the kid who didn;t know better to drop and re schedule got stuck in a class with a professor no one could understand. There ended up being a minimal number of students (everybody dropped this class) and the kid who was a straight A high school kid barely passed along with all the other class mates.

Ya the freshman I'm gonna party like it's 1999 had some factor but I got a funny idea Professors teaching in the US should be able to speak English fluently.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88