New Gun Club

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
at no point did I say they didn’t have the right or shouldn’t enjoy shooting sports

but after looking up their own words/images about why they are becoming gun owners I don’t like it

it pisses me off when people use guns as symbols of “don’t argue with us” or “fuck you - what you gonna do about it” BS

I don’t like white supremacy groups doing it either

how effing dumb is all that type of shit for 2nd ammendment fans?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s pants-on-head retarded. I don’t like that pic or their message about it either for what it’s worth. But I’m not going to tell a law abiding citizen that they can’t have a gun because I don’t like their politics.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s pants-on-head retarded. I don’t like that pic or their message about it either for what it’s worth. But I’m not going to tell a law abiding citizen that they can’t have a gun because I don’t like their politics.

I TOTALLY agree with your post Ghost. Let me just add that these law abiding citizens, with their politics and antics, could HELP the anti gun folks and by feeding the anit's politics they could very well jeopardize the very rights we all hold dear. These folks bear watching. I look at these folks as "Possible Infiltrators" into the lawful gun ownership camp. We shall see if they want to join the ranks or try to sabotage the place from within.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Again - when did I say they can’t????

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I misunderstood you guy. I’m done. Anyway, I have to go to store cuz I’m out of tender quick and I have some goose pastrami and corned goose to make. I’ll be packing heat just in case some armed homosexual tries to make a pass at me.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good points by all. Hope they enjoy shooting as much as most of us do.

"but after looking up their own words/images about why they are becoming gun owners I don’t like it"
-I seem to remember a hell of a lot of white men "taking up arms" post Obama election for various reasons - Defense, rights, buy before you cant and the list goes on... The symbols used by "us" were no better in a lot of cases nor were some of the topics for discussion. They probably thought the same things about us as you are thinking about them. To me it is a horse a piece, just flip flopped this time.

"These folks bear watching."
-Do we all bear watching? I agree that some of the rhetoric is obscene and the intentions at this point are foggy and possibly miss-guided. I feel some on here are saying the exact same things that were said about "us" in the past.

Interesting topic for the day.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's my naive/rose-colored-glasses view regarding how this progresses.

Sooner or later some of the folks in the new club won't have the time or inclination to travel where they currently go to shoot and will end up at a range that's just a range without any particular appeal to any group other than those who like to shoot. The common-ground interest in shooting sports might allow folks who would normally be on opposite sides of a protest screaming at each other, to have a civilized conversation about their common interests. That may just civilize the discussion about thing they don't agree about as well.

Or maybe not.

No matter what, I relish the idea of politicians running the gamut of political beliefs being told by their constituents, "Leave my friggin' guns alone."

GCA '86 should never have happened just because the Black Panthers were on the steps of the Capitol Bldg in Sacramento. With a little understanding and forethought, I'd be able to buy a Glock with the hot ass. Sonsabitches!!

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good points by all. Hope they enjoy shooting as much as most of us do.

"These folks bear watching."
-Do we all bear watching? I agree that some of the rhetoric is obscene and the intentions at this point are foggy and possibly miss-guided. I feel some on here are saying the exact same things that were said about "us" in the past.

Interesting topic for the day.

Yes, in a way. Stephen Padock (Las Vegas Shooter) had no flags of any kind that would indicate his actions. However, in this case I should clarify. When any group advocates violence and states/insinuates/implies/actually uses firearms for violence, they bear watching. This includes IMO, the KKK, Black Lives Matter, Any Gang, Craig Cobb (and associates), there are several others, and NOW this group. All of these groups and their members DO NOT help lawful gun owners defend their 2nd Amendment Rights and we need to exercise caution when these groups are included into the "Lawful Gun Owners" category as the very very vast majority advocate nothing but self defense.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not known to be very politically correct, so hear goes: "I thought you weren't allowed to use or have any firearm if you were deemed mentally unstable."

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I vote: Rose-Colored Glasses

Regrettably, it is when idiots meet that the bad news of the day makes headlines. And there are usually a few idiots on each side of a proverbial coin.

Here's my naive/rose-colored-glasses view regarding how this progresses.

Sooner or later some of the folks in the new club won't have the time or inclination to travel where they currently go to shoot and will end up at a range that's just a range without any particular appeal to any group other than those who like to shoot. The common-ground interest in shooting sports might allow folks who would normally be on opposite sides of a protest screaming at each other, to have a civilized conversation about their common interests. That may just civilize the discussion about thing they don't agree about as well.

Or maybe not.

No matter what, I relish the idea of politicians running the gamut of political beliefs being told by their constituents, "Leave my friggin' guns alone."

GCA '86 should never have happened just because the Black Panthers were on the steps of the Capitol Bldg in Sacramento. With a little understanding and forethought, I'd be able to buy a Glock with the hot ass. Sonsabitches!!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
My initial gut reaction: It's a very good thing that folks who typically vote for Dem/Left-leaning politicians may potentially become fervent allies of the 2nd amendment. The group in the article is from NY, imagine them going to Chuck Schumer and demanding that their firearms rights not be infringed.......

I think this is wishful thinking. The bad guys don't follow laws. And most all bad guys are liberal. Inner city blacks, crazy white mass shooters, there all liberal. Terrorists...liberal. Bad guys don't want good guys having guns. Liberals don't want you having guns.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
folks who typically vote for Dem/Left-leaning politicians may potentially become fervent allies of the 2nd amendment

I've known SDMF a long time and I must say this is the first time I have ever suspected him of tasting a little devil's lettuce prior to posting

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know is my natural reaction of walking up to that crew shooting clay pigeons with a slug gun would be to turn around and Pink Panther exit stage left.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SDMF folks who typically vote for Dem/Left-leaning politicians may potentially become fervent allies of the 2nd amendment

I've known SDMF a long time and I must say this is the first time I have ever suspected him of tasting a little devil's lettuce prior to posting

There were an awful lot of new gun buyers post-9/11, post-Katrina, and LOTS of new AR owners post-Sandy Hook. New gun owners typically don't have an interest in becoming former gun owners.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I misunderstood you guy. I’m done. Anyway, I have to go to store cuz I’m out of tender quick and I have some goose pastrami and corned goose to make. I’ll be packing heat just in case some armed homosexual tries to make a pass at me.

Start a new topic with recipe I am very interested

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93