New ND State Record!

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
47EECF6C-E60B-41D9-881F-E2134715051C.jpeg

A most dubious honor…

BISMARCK – North Dakota has a new state record bullhead, the North Dakota Game and Fish Department said Tuesday, Oct. 22.

Daniel Wegener of Fort Totten, North Dakota, caught the record-setting fish, which weighed 4 pounds, 9 ounces, Sept. 27 on Devil Lake. The bullhead, which measured 19 inches, broke a state record for the species that’s been in the books for more than 35 years, according to a Game and Fish news release.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A state record is a state record and a conversation piece. But now what? For me a little ugly to hang on the wall. Never heard much about eating bullhead. It does at least put this guy in some little known circle. Like "WHO HOLDS THE RECORD FOR LARGEST BULLHEAD CAUGHT IN ND?"

For further discussion, "what was it caught on? Live bait, or crankbait? Was it snagged? What test weight line was used?" All kinds of information is going to be discussed.

Oh yeah, nice fish.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love it and I’m jealous. I didn’t even know there were bullheads in Devils. My grandpa grew up on the lake when it was a salty puddle and he told me at one time there were bullheads, but this was in the 50’s. Never been hungry enough to fry one up. I wouldn’t hesitate to put it on the wall.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how many shit fish state records have been tossed back or used as garden fertilizer?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 340
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56