New NDGF Director Announced

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have no idea who he is, but let the bitching commence!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heck a guy from what few conversations I had with him in coaches room at wrestling tournaments. I thought he may get the job, hope he does a good job.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaches through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small blind transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human eye……. These fish care about this more than I do.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no idea who he is, but let the bitching commence!

Dirty, he was the likable biologist that used to be on KFYR a number of years ago. Then he got promoted and it went on to another to represent the dept.

I like the man, very easy to talk to kind of guy that doesn't kill you with jargon. But I have to admit after other appointments from this governor, I was a little surprised he went with a career NDGF employee.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have known him for many years. Good guy who I believe will do his best for the sportsmen and women of the state. A lifelong resident of ND.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaches through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small blind transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human eye……. These fish care about this more than I do.

Thanks for your input....

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have worked with him in the past for coordinating some training with my National Guard unit on some WMA around and seemed very down to earth and willing to help in training and taking care of the ND outdoor land and wildlife needs also. Excited to see the direction he takes G&F.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Jeb is indeed a good hire. We're lucky he has stuck around.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol . It’s a YES man position. He’s appointed by the governor . He really has no say . Could be a pet monkey , result will be same good or bad
;:;ban:;:lame

- - - Updated - - -

How do you give someone a bad rep on this site? Thanks.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
This, like any State Agency, is a process. There are applicants. There are committees who weigh/vet the applicates. The committee interviews the applicants. They give their recommendation to the Governor. The Gov can go with it or pick someone more to his liking and that probably won't end well.

Jeb will do fine.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
This, like any State Agency, is a process. There are applicants. There are committees who weigh/vet the applicates. The committee interviews the applicants. They give their recommendation to the Governor. The Gov can go with it or pick someone more to his liking and that probably won't end well.

Jeb will do fine.

totally agree , he will do great . Cuz he’s a yes man, and will do things the good ole boy way

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ND Game And Fish Director position is largely public relations.

Terry Steinwand was a master.

Jeb had a great teacher.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
G & F Director is an appointed position and I guess the governor can replace that position if they so choose. In reality that hasn't happened very often over the years. It won't be long and someone on this site will be complaining about a decision the Director has made. Think about it. We are all interested in the outdoors of this state, and yet, I'm not sure there is an issue where we all agree. Some think that BB with crawlers is the best way to catch a walleye, while others think a crank bait is best. Even the crank bait users will disagree on the color or type. So, is it possible for any G&F Director to make us all happy? Hell I can't even make myself happy all the time and that's only an effort for one person.

Glad to have Jeb on board.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
G & F Director is an appointed position and I guess the governor can replace that position if they so choose. In reality that hasn't happened very often over the years. It won't be long and someone on this site will be complaining about a decision the Director has made. Think about it. We are all interested in the outdoors of this state, and yet, I'm not sure there is an issue where we all agree. Some think that BB with crawlers is the best way to catch a walleye, while others think a crank bait is best. Even the crank bait users will disagree on the color or type. So, is it possible for any G&F Director to make us all happy? Hell I can't even make myself happy all the time and that's only an effort for one person.

Glad to have Jeb on board.

Your comment on making everyone happy made me think of Churchill.

churchill-8-1509653141.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The GnF is an arm of the governors office. Decisions will be made for the benefit of political agendas and not for the benefit of wildlife or sportsmen as they are beholding to the governors office and no one else. The warm body sitting in the chair is of no importance. To think otherwise is ignorant.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90