New to bow fishing and could use some advice

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
35# sounds light to me also , it will work you'll just need to be nice and close , now the southern boys would argue cause they shoot fish 10+ feet deep with 20# bows all the time ::: I would crank it up if there is room to play
my son and I shoot 60# comfortably all day for us its nice for deeper or longer shots , if they're real close ,rocky or shallow we just 1/4 draw the bow and let them have it , old shooting gloves or tabs do make for a much cleaner release in my opinion vs. no-gloves although I could maybe talked into trying finger slicks worst that could happen is they suck :D only other thing I can think of at the moment is when you aim at the fish and you think your low enough aim lower rarely will you miss low

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
hemp seeds? well if it works like they do with pheasants it will be like "shooting fish in a barrel" pun intended,makes them goofy stupid.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
For that price they better swarm. Just pick up a 50 pound bag of corn and toss out a fair bit in water shallow enough water to see the bottom work some in so close that they end up finning out of the water a bit. Take several good cup fulls and throw it as far as you can to act as a path bringing them in from out deep. Do this for a couple days and you will eventually have hundreds of fish circling the area. We do this allot in the folks back yard. Fun to drop your bait in a foot of water then waiting to see them to take it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol np... i found it interesting... just wondering what the deer are going to do once farmers start growing hemp... going to have some pie eyed does running around

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88