What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
No Trespass Prognostication
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Retired Educator" data-source="post: 243134" data-attributes="member: 3373"><p>I hunt both public land and private land. My observations are that even the posted land doesn't mean they don't allow hunting Those that don't usually have a valid reason; opening weekend and I have family coming home to hunt, someone has already received permission etc. Sometimes it's because someone has leased the property for hunting rights, not common in the areas I hunt. So for me, the getting permission isn't the biggest headache, in many cases it's finding the landowner/operator to get permission. In many cases it's not like the person you need to talk to lives anywhere near the land you want to hunt. I would think upland hunting would be the biggest chore as many times it's drive to find some good looking cover. Same thing for the coyote hunters in the state. Not a lot of them but that is a sport that generally covers a lot of ground at a time of the year when many landowner/operators might be snowbirds.</p><p></p><p>When I have hunted in other states that have trespass laws (most of them) it's doable and requires more planning. On the positive side, you will probably find some new friends by contacting and visiting with the person you're asking permission. You may find some jackasses but you will also find some who are just as interested in you as you are them.</p><p></p><p>Will it change the hunting ND? For sure, but it won't stop me. Just change how I/we hunt.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Retired Educator, post: 243134, member: 3373"] I hunt both public land and private land. My observations are that even the posted land doesn't mean they don't allow hunting Those that don't usually have a valid reason; opening weekend and I have family coming home to hunt, someone has already received permission etc. Sometimes it's because someone has leased the property for hunting rights, not common in the areas I hunt. So for me, the getting permission isn't the biggest headache, in many cases it's finding the landowner/operator to get permission. In many cases it's not like the person you need to talk to lives anywhere near the land you want to hunt. I would think upland hunting would be the biggest chore as many times it's drive to find some good looking cover. Same thing for the coyote hunters in the state. Not a lot of them but that is a sport that generally covers a lot of ground at a time of the year when many landowner/operators might be snowbirds. When I have hunted in other states that have trespass laws (most of them) it's doable and requires more planning. On the positive side, you will probably find some new friends by contacting and visiting with the person you're asking permission. You may find some jackasses but you will also find some who are just as interested in you as you are them. Will it change the hunting ND? For sure, but it won't stop me. Just change how I/we hunt. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Jiffy
11 minutes ago
DUI Attorney
Latest: svnmag
25 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Davy Crockett
55 minutes ago
N
Jap Beatles
Latest: NodakBob
Today at 8:17 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: bucksnbears
Today at 7:59 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:12 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Yesterday at 9:51 PM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Wally World
Yesterday at 2:52 PM
W
Tailrace
Latest: walleyewanker
Yesterday at 2:06 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:43 AM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
National Grasslands Roads
Latest: Walleye Slayer
Thursday at 9:23 AM
Z
Soybeans
Latest: zoops
Thursday at 6:09 AM
Outdoor adventure bucket lis
Latest: svnmag
Wednesday at 10:32 PM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: CatDaddy
Wednesday at 10:12 PM
N
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: NodakBob
Wednesday at 7:27 PM
A
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Auggie
Wednesday at 6:13 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
No Trespass Prognostication
Top
Bottom