What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
No Trespass Prognostication
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="zoops" data-source="post: 243142" data-attributes="member: 790"><p>Couple other points </p><p>- I think license sales would go down but not dramatically. Loss of habitat is a bigger factor in that IMO. I've hunted in many areas of the state and have never found a lot of unposted land; I've hunted around 30 days this fall and can think of one unposted spot that I've hunted. Almost all the rest has been public; have only hunted a couple days on posted stuff. Point being I would hate to see the ability to hunt unposted land go away but it wouldn't take away much land as I just don't see much unposted land that's worth hunting.</p><p>- As has been mentioned, it's hard to get a hold of landowners. It's probably the biggest reason I don't ask to hunt more posted stuff. I got permission to hunt some sloughs for pheasants a couple weeks ago but it was an absentee owner who lived in town 50 miles from the land. I didn't know where he lived so I asked another farmer in the area (took time) and it took a few phone calls to get a hold of the guy. I think many people don't answer unfamiliar phone numbers these days and I've never had much luck leaving landowners a voicemail. I try to visit them in person to ask but that's often just not feasible as things are so spread out these days as has been mentioned. Big reason I don't duck hunt much anymore; tracking down landowners. It would be a shame to have to go through all that to hunt stuff that the landowner would rather you just hunt without bothering them.</p><p>- I'd be more supportive of a no driving on private land without permission law.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="zoops, post: 243142, member: 790"] Couple other points - I think license sales would go down but not dramatically. Loss of habitat is a bigger factor in that IMO. I've hunted in many areas of the state and have never found a lot of unposted land; I've hunted around 30 days this fall and can think of one unposted spot that I've hunted. Almost all the rest has been public; have only hunted a couple days on posted stuff. Point being I would hate to see the ability to hunt unposted land go away but it wouldn't take away much land as I just don't see much unposted land that's worth hunting. - As has been mentioned, it's hard to get a hold of landowners. It's probably the biggest reason I don't ask to hunt more posted stuff. I got permission to hunt some sloughs for pheasants a couple weeks ago but it was an absentee owner who lived in town 50 miles from the land. I didn't know where he lived so I asked another farmer in the area (took time) and it took a few phone calls to get a hold of the guy. I think many people don't answer unfamiliar phone numbers these days and I've never had much luck leaving landowners a voicemail. I try to visit them in person to ask but that's often just not feasible as things are so spread out these days as has been mentioned. Big reason I don't duck hunt much anymore; tracking down landowners. It would be a shame to have to go through all that to hunt stuff that the landowner would rather you just hunt without bothering them. - I'd be more supportive of a no driving on private land without permission law. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Rowdie
11 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
19 minutes ago
N
Jap Beatles
Latest: NodakBob
27 minutes ago
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: bucksnbears
45 minutes ago
DUI Attorney
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 7:22 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:12 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Yesterday at 9:51 PM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Wally World
Yesterday at 2:52 PM
W
Tailrace
Latest: walleyewanker
Yesterday at 2:06 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:43 AM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
National Grasslands Roads
Latest: Walleye Slayer
Thursday at 9:23 AM
Z
Soybeans
Latest: zoops
Thursday at 6:09 AM
Outdoor adventure bucket lis
Latest: svnmag
Wednesday at 10:32 PM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: CatDaddy
Wednesday at 10:12 PM
N
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: NodakBob
Wednesday at 7:27 PM
A
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Auggie
Wednesday at 6:13 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
No Trespass Prognostication
Top
Bottom